Winners of the Embedded Casting Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

In First Place receiving Silver Rollerball kit from Silver Pen Parts valued at $185

Wayne Ryan (wayneryan65)
Mini Pinecones cast in a four color pour of Alumilite using Pearl-ex powders, Alumilite Dye and Mica Metal Powder. Pressurized to 80psi after casting to fill voids and clear air bubbles. 10 coats of thin CA and polished with micro-mesh to 12,000. Mounted on a gunmetal Majestic Jr. from PSI.

Entry 1a.jpg Entry 1b.jpg

In Second Place receiving a Cap, Apron, Smock from TimberBits valued at $115

Ron Robbins (brownsfn2)
I call this one "Bits of Brooks". I have a lot of Brooks Blanks cutoffs that were wanting to be repurposed.

Entry 11a.jpg Entry 11b.jpg

In Third Place receiving a Thompson, Mark St. Leger 5/8 Spindle Roughing Gouge from mbroberg valued at $70

Charles Pruett (truckfxr)
Platinum Euro with Texas Thistle cast in clear PR. Reverse painted. Finished with CA to seal exposed thistle fibers.

Entry 2.jpg

Thank you all for making this a great contest. Congratulations to all who entered. It takes a lot to put your ideas in front of others knowing they will be judged and voted on. Great contest this year.
I will be working on prize distribution over the weekend and will be in contact the winners.

Thank you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Those are some great cast. Congratulations to all.
I had the winning cast of all, but lets just say, i couldnt keep the chocolate in its shell.

Harry

wayneryan65

Thank You Everyone

Thanks to all that voted for my pen. I am really honored to have won with all the great entries. My first year to participate in any of these competitions and surely won't be the last.
Thanks
Wayne Ryan
Texas Blanks

merrym

I am so SO new to all of this...is there a tutorial on this site that one can learn casting from? I am wanting to do several types...vacuum with clear resin, vacuum to make colored blanks....any and all help is very much appreciated! :)

Anna

Top Bottom