RESULTS WINNERS of the 2022 Birthday BASH Puzzle Contests

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here are the Winners of the 2022 Puzzle Contests:

OVERALL WINNERS:
We had two people who earned 9 points and there was a 3-way tie for third with 7 points each. Of the two people who earned 9 points, only one of them earned at least one point in every puzzle contest, so I used that as the tie-breaker. The 3 people who tied for second place will each get a prize. So here are the results:

First Place with 9 points and at least 1 point in every puzzle contest is kronewi (Kevin Kronewitter).
Kevin earns a $75 GC to Bear Tooth Woods from Sly Dog and an Alumilite GC. Kevin also earns the title of 2022 BASH Puzzlemeister and may proudly use that moniker in his signature block.

Second Place also with 9 points is Sly Dog (Russ Comstock).
Russ earns Pen Kits from Fred Bruche and an Alumilite GC.

Third Place
with 7 points each are: alankulwicki7 (Doug Swanson), coulcd (Christopher Coul), and SabertoothBunny (Markus Howell).
Doug, Christopher, and Markus will each receive an Alumilite GC.

INDIVIDUAL CONTEST WINNERS:

Everyone who earned at least one point in an individual contest was entered into a drawing for an individual puzzle prize. There were two prizes awarded for each individual contest, with a maximum of one individual prize per person (not counting overall prizes). Here are the results:

Puzzle #1 (51 correct answers) -- rholiday wins an AAW Membership from Mr Vic and woodchick wins a BOB from Eric N.
Puzzle #2 (26 correct answers) -- Pete275 wins a BOB from Edgar and SabertoothBunny wins a BOB from napagibb.
Puzzle #3 (21 correct answers) -- Joebobber wins a BOB from rixstix and Seer wins a BOB from kronewi.
Puzzle #4 (14 correct answers) -- alankulwicki7 wins Pen Kits from walshjp and kronewi wins Pen Kits from CWalker935.
Puzzle #5 (29 correct answers) -- 1080Wayne wins a $25 GC from McKenzie Pen Works and johnjonson42 wins a BOB from Karl99.
Puzzle #6 (16 correct answers) -- TDahl wins a BOB from greenacres2 and sparhawk wins a BOB from DesertCanyon.
Puzzle #7 (24 correct answers) -- PatrickR wins a BOB from SabertoothBunny and walshjp wins a BOB from Karl99.
Puzzle #8 (9 correct answers) -- Cole Roberts wins a BOB from HCPens and DesertCaniyon wins Blanks from JohnU.

LOSERS WINNER:

Even if you didn't earn a single point in any contest, you still had a chance to win a prize. Everyone who entered at least one contest but didn't earn any points was eligible for the Loser's drawing. Your name was entered once for each contest that you entered, so the more contests you entered, the greater your chance of winning this drawing. There were a total of 8 people who entered at least one contest but failed to earn a single point. Some entered only one contest, but some entered more and therefore had there name in the hat multiple times. Overall, there were a total of 18 names in the hat.

The Losers Winner this year is RangeRat who wins a BOB from Edgar.

Congratulations to all the winners and thanks to all who participated. A total of 65 people entered at least one contest this year!

Special thanks to all who donated prizes to these contests. We wouldn't be able to hold the contests without your generous support.

BOB winners & donors may reach out to each other to obtain shipping addresses.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sly Dog

As Maxwell Smart used to say, "missed it by that much." 😀. Congrats Kevin, I mean Puzzlemeister, and thank you Edgar and to those who donated prizes!
Russ

Pete275

Cool I won something!!! I guess I won't get to ride on the losers train this year! Thank you Edgar for putting together and managing this contest. It was fun!

Wayne

coulcd

Congrats to all the winners. Big thanks to Edgar for organizing the puzzle contest again this year. Appreciate the education and all the other cool things I inadvertently find trying to solve the puzzles.

TDahl

Thank you Edgar for putting the contest together, and thank you to everyone who donated the prizes. You all may this contest fun and educational.

Top Bottom