Wine Taster's Kit #3 (painted)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from fiferb

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiferb

This is the last of three sets my sister-in-law requested. She will include a journal to put the label from the wine and jot notes about it. This is maple. The clip end is a little oversize. My mother is the painting artist. Thanks in advance for any comments.
2006121142744_Painted%20Maple%20Small.jpg

200612114313_Painted%20Maple%20End%20View%20Small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

massman

Bruce,
What a great gift that would make!!! What kind of paint and did you finish over it? Or paint over the finish? What kind of wood is that?
Sorry for all the questions, but my wife saw them and can paint pretty well herself.
Again, Great Work!! [:D]

fiferb

Hi Bernie, I don't know for sure what paint my mother uses. She's been painting on bottles for years and I'm pretty sure it's the same paint. Hope that helps. I sand to 12000mm and then put a coat of sanding sealer. I shipped them to my mother in Tampa and she painted them and sent them back. I then used 8-10 coats of Deft spray laquer. The wood for this one is maple but if you check my album you'll see some painting on yellowheart and redheart as well. My inspiration came from Janet(jssmith3). You should take a peek at her album as well. Good luck to you and your wife and I hope to see some pictures of your painted pens soon.[:)]

Thanks to everyone else for the great comments. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom