Will it ever stop!!! (or is it just good turning weather?)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
For those who don't know where I live, I live in the Rocky Mountains at the 5400' level. Normal snow fall, from November to February/March, is around 7-8' but spread out over 5 months it's not too bad. Last year we got 9' in February and the year before we got 13' from mid December to mid February. I normally don't even think of putting chains on the plow until right around Thanksgiving let alone trying to figure out where to stack all the snow. I'll be putting the chains on early this year.
The Weather forecaster for our area said last night we had a storm blowing in and predicted 2-4" over night for my elevation. Well I woke up this morning, looked out the front door and low and behold we've got 8" on the ground and it's still coming down strong. We'll probably get a foot today. That will make it just over 6' for October which is pretty unusual (normal is just a trace to a couple inches). So today I think I'll work on a couple knife orders and maybe try to turn something. So even though I'm not a big snow fan, it does allow me to work in the shop, which I love. Maybe I should only complain about the snow when I have to go out and shovel, blow or plow it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
THAT is just too much snow. Period. It's looking like I may have to break down and buy a snowplow since my neighbor who has done it for me has put his house up for sale. But it's only 30 feet long. ☺

Curly

Your neighbours house is only 30' long? Small house.

We had about an inch of snow at most but the temperatures have dropped to below freezing and with wind chill....burr.

Curly

NO! My driveway is 30 feet long. I should have been more pacific 😁

I'm in the Prairies. The Pacific is a long way away from here. ;)
My driveway is bigger than yours. 🙄 270 feet long. I have a good neighbour too. Often after he does his driveway with his skid steer he will zip over and do mine if I haven't already done it with the snowblower.

Our weather predictors are sort of right at the best of times.

PBorowick

I grew up in Billings, MT. and went to school in Bozeman for 6 years. I now live in Portland, OR and I can't say as how I really miss the snow. It's fun to play in but shoveling out 4' of snow just to get to my truck is not the highlight of my day!

Although that is beautiful country you live in!

I'm in the Prairies. The Pacific is a long way away from here. ;)
My driveway is bigger than yours. 🙄 270 feet long. I have a good neighbour too. Often after he does his driveway with his skid steer he will zip over and do mine if I haven't already done it with the snowblower.

Our weather predictors are sort of right at the best of times.

Well I got ya' beat on the driveway. From my gate to the house is 1/2 a mile. From the main road, dirt narrow two lane, my road is 1.5 miles to the gate. So I guess you could say my driveway is 2 miles long. After a snow like this it will take me 4-6 hours to plow it...but not today.

Just to update this thread. It was supposed to stop snowing at 2 this afternoon. It's now almost 4 and it's still coming down...hard. 12+ inches so far with probably a couple more over the next couple of hours. Tomorrow's going to be a lot of fun for sure!

howsitwork

Stay warm, safe and keep turning then.

Over here in UK the rain has finally stopped and the sun is shining . We have had such a dry mild summer this year the return the seasonal norms of temperature has come as a shock. Shame you can't harness politicians and use that hot air for something useful.🤔

randyrls

Want to switch places? :) It's raining here in Pennsylvania (and I won't have to shovel), BUT I bought new ski boots on Friday. Looking forward to ski season. Going to Big Sky for a week in mid February.⛷

tomtedesco

It was 70 degrees yesterday in the Denver area, today it's 25 degrees and snowing like crazy. We are getting 6-8 inches by Monday evening, have the blade on the ATV and retired so I can stay home and watch traffic mess on the boob tube. 😊

howsitwork

well it's been cool , slight wind and sunny all day. Just got back from walking dog with sons at Fountains Abbey near us, Fish and chips on way back helped replace those calories ! Guess it's about 10'c but it ain't raining. and the water gardens at Fountains we're good. These were earlier in the year but just turning golden now.

Attachments

• E66BCBE6-3216-41DA-9420-CAD6DA183392.jpeg
    E66BCBE6-3216-41DA-9420-CAD6DA183392.jpeg
    284 KB · Views: 108
  • 17A23208-E3F1-4320-9F35-C8BEECCBF08F.jpeg
    17A23208-E3F1-4320-9F35-C8BEECCBF08F.jpeg
    474.7 KB · Views: 122
Top Bottom