Why I keep dealing with CSUSA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

I was promised by Nils a few months back a discount on a kit I originally ordered but was cancelled due to it being backordered.

I learned last night that I am out of this particular kit and needed them bad. Sent Eric an email today inquiring if that promise is still good since Nils is already gone. I got and instant answer that they will honor it and expedited my order as well (on them)!

Talk about customer service. [^]

Thanks Eric!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Dario, I couldn't agree more!

Alan, I've been getting USPS Priority shipping charges for quite a while now... but then I ask for Priority Mail. That may be the difference. At one time, CSUSA subsidzed it's heavier shipments by charging the lighter shipments more. The cry went up and CSUSA listened. At least every time I've ordered in the last 12 months or so.

samuel07

Let me share a recent incident.

I received a package from CSUSA the other day and upon opening it I realized it was for someone else. (Nice Kryo skew) It was the weekend and I left a message with customer service and also emailed Eric to let them know. I then called UPS and scheduled a pick up to send it back. Monday came and customer service called me and said it was their mistake and that I could keep the skew.[:D][:D][:D]
Oops, I forgot to tell my wife and UPS came by and picked it up before I could tell her we could keep it. Eric Emailed me a litle later to say thanks for letting them know about the mistake and also confirmed that I could keep the skew. I then told him thanks but that it was already on the way back. He emailed me back later that day and told me I now had a store credit for the total amount of the skew!!

I will continue to buy stuff from these guys.

Dario

Originally posted by samuel07
<br />Let me share a recent incident.

I received a package from CSUSA the other day and upon opening it I realized it was for someone else. (Nice Kryo skew) It was the weekend and I left a message with customer service and also emailed Eric to let them know. I then called UPS and scheduled a pick up to send it back. Monday came and customer service called me and said it was their mistake and that I could keep the skew.[:D][:D][:D]
Oops, I forgot to tell my wife and UPS came by and picked it up before I could tell her we could keep it. Eric Emailed me a litle later to say thanks for letting them know about the mistake and also confirmed that I could keep the skew. I then told him thanks but that it was already on the way back. He emailed me back later that day and told me I now had a store credit for the total amount of the skew!!

I will continue to buy stuff from these guys.

Rewarding good deed and honesty...what a concept! [;)]

What else can I say about CSUSA???

GBusardo

I love CS too. I just places my second order with in two weeks. One item is on back order and when I came home tonight, there was a message on my answering machine from CS telling me exactly what was on back order and when it will be shipped. Not a big deal, right? I placed an order with PSI a couple of weeks ago also. Two items did not come with the shipment. I did not get charged with them, but there was no call, no email, no notation on the bill, nothing. I emailed PSI twice and got no answer. I finally called them Saturday and was told the items were on backorder and there was no ETA. I told them to forget it. Before anyone tells me I can get the same items at Woodturningz cheaper, I know this. I would love to use them, but all you can order from the Woodturningz web site, is whats on their site, everything else has to be phoned in. Monday through Friday. I just do not have the time during the day to call. I did place one order with Woodturningz some time back and the customer service was excellent also.
Thanks Dario, for reminding me that sometimes the little things make a HUGE difference.
BY the way, this was my first not so hot experience with PSI, I will hesitate before I will use them again.

Mark4583

I agree they do thake care of there customers,
I had broken a couple of the plastic couplers for the Americana Rollerballs, Told them what I did and asked if I could buy a few to keep on hand and they appolagized for me haveing trouble and sent some free ones. I wish everyone treated my screw ups like that, :)

airrat

I jump on the bandwagon. Other then one time of shipping to an old address I have no complaints. I just wish they would rethink the shipping prices. I wont order unless I have enough to justify the shipping.

underdog

Shucks... That's exceptional service.

I've had some instances lately where a couple of companies sent me overages, and I let them know about it. They just had me send the stuff back... never did get any kind of credit or discount on stuff. I'll continue to keep a clear conscience, but I'll rethink who I want to do business with. And my experience with a certain "Woodworking Store That Must Not Be Named" lest they sue me (they threatened one guy with a lawsuit unless he retracted his published rash words) has been less than stellar also. Their prices are good, but I'm not about to spend any more money there after some reports from some well respected folks in the turning community.

I've been impressed by Craft Supplies however... I think I'll do more business with them.

DocStram

Originally posted by samuel07
<br />

Nice story. Too bad it wasn't a VB Master Bowlturner lathe.

kent4Him

I've had a number of times where CSUSA amazes me. Once, I had messed up a couple of europeans and couldn't save the twist mechanism. I asked if I could buy a couple with the next order that made. They sent 10 of them for no charge. A couple of different times, I've messed up a nib or clip, and they send the replacement free. And the big one for me was during the last group buy. They messed up and sent 7 of the wrong kit. They express shipped out the correct ones and let me keep the other kits. Close to a $60 value. I only buy my kits from CSUSA. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Gary Max

Dang good question--------Between their outstanding service, the fact that they make it possible for us to buy at Group Rates with a heck of a discount or that they have some of the best quailty kits on the market.-----Hummmm
Hard to pick just one reason --- They will always be one of my main sources for woodworking supplies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
CS USA is not the enemy. They are not a bad company. They are quite reputable and generally do a superb job of meeting our needs and expectations. That being said, the company is run by people who are fallible. Sometimes they make mistakes. Sometimes their judgement is off. Sometimes they do things "their" way because it is "their" investment.

When they do well, they earn the praise. When they do poorly, they equally earn the complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom