Why I haven't posted in a while

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I've been trying to finish an order of 25 bottle stoppers. Here are the first 10.

200611734321_stoppers1.jpg

200611734339_stoppers2.jpg

Only 15 more and I can get back to pens.;)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Very nice.
When you sell an order for 25 bottle stoppers does the buyer let you create whatever wonderful design you choose?
The reason I am asking is because I have considered adding them yet it would be hard to make the exact same shape twice.

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! Ron, the answer to your question is yes. I made 5 stoppers and 28 engraved pens for the same customer last year. She just told me to make 25 stoppers. I used stabilized spalted Maple last year and she was hoping for that, but I told her that I didn't have nearly enough ready. So I got BB to send me 25 stabilized burls in Maple, Boxelder, Redwood and Buckeye. My favorite is the Buckeye, but they all have great figure.

melogic

I did an order for 20 bottlestoppers over the summer. I turned them as to whatever came to mind. The only problem I had was finding 20 Kentucky quarters that were really shiny. I inlayed the quarters in the end of the stoppers and then sealed them in with resin so they will keep their shine.
Great looking stoppers Billy. I like the designs! [;)][:p]

mrcook4570

Congrats Billy. I definitely agree with the buckeye burl. It's also very popular with customers.

Mark - you can polish oxidized quarters to restore their shine.

martyb

How do you finish your stoppers?
I use the same CA/BLO finish as on my pens but find it a little trickier on the larger diameter stoppers. Needless to say, I'm still working on the technique.

TBone

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Looking good, Billy. I can't figure out why people want bottle stoppers. Can't they just screw the cap back on? [:D][}:)][:D]

You don't need either one if you don't leave any in the bottle [:D] Besides Jack Daniels doesn't look good with a bottle stopper, makes the bottle too tall for the cabinet.

Great looking stoppers

alamocdc

Marty, som are CA/BLO, and some are just polished out and waxed. Since these are stabilized, I usually only use the CA if there are voids in the burls that would result in white spots from the wax.

Fangar

Originally posted by melogic
<br />I did an order for 20 bottlestoppers over the summer. I turned them as to whatever came to mind. The only problem I had was finding 20 Kentucky quarters that were really shiny. I inlayed the quarters in the end of the stoppers and then sealed them in with resin so they will keep their shine.
Great looking stoppers Billy. I like the designs! [;)][:p]

Great work Billy.

Mark,

You know you can buff any quarter with white diamond compund and get it mint shiny? Then I powdercoat them clear.

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom