Whole Shop Air Filter Opinions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Read many posts on the whole shop air filters. Here is what I am seeking input or experience on:

Shop is 750 square feet (25x30) and looking to add whole shop air filtration this year.

I can go with a single larger unit, say 1000 CFM
or
I could go with two smaller units, say 400 CFM x 2

Aside from total volume of air, which may produce the better overall air quality?

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wildman

This one is popular for small shops but there are others for same price or not much more. Good thing about this unit can find locally or have in few days and not have to pay restocking & shipping fees if it goes south. Want to leave the unit for awhile after leaving your shop.

Would be nice if can find washable inner & outer filter for what ever unit you buy, or buy your filters by the case. Of course also need a good dust collector system or shop vac set up too.

Of course 1000 CFM air filter unit might be better but cost more to buy lot higher.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/WEN-3-S...-Filtration-System-300-350-400-CFM-3410/20546

corks58

I moved my dust collection out of the shop to a little room I built for it
That was a tremendous improvement and wish I had done it a long time ago my shop is soooooo much cleaner now

JimB

I don't think it will make a difference as to running one large one or 2 smaller ones. I have one of the smaller ones, the Grizzly version of the Wen that is linked. My shop is only 200 square feet. I run it on the lowest setting. It does a great job. One thing to consider is the size of the units and do you have the space to hang them without them being in the way. Those big units are big and if you don't have a high ceiling it may be in the way.

Other things to consider are the filters. 5 micron outer filter and 1 micron inner filter is the most common and will do a great job. Also be sure it has a timer. You want it to continue running for a while after you leave the shop.

Where you place the unit is also important. The unit needs to circulate the air around the shop properly.

Do not wash the filters. Take them outside and blow them out with compressed air. It makes a huge difference.

MRDucks2

I don't think it will make a difference as to running one large one or 2 smaller ones. I have one of the smaller ones, the Grizzly version of the Wen that is linked. My shop is only 200 square feet. I run it on the lowest setting. It does a great job. One thing to consider is the size of the units and do you have the space to hang them without them being in the way. Those big units are big and if you don't have a high ceiling it may be in the way.

Other things to consider are the filters. 5 micron outer filter and 1 micron inner filter is the most common and will do a great job. Also be sure it has a timer. You want it to continue running for a while after you leave the shop.

Where you place the unit is also important. The unit needs to circulate the air around the shop properly.

Do not wash the filters. Take them outside and blow them out with compressed air. It makes a huge difference.

Thanks Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom