Who wants to slam my web site?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

If you do, go here. Opan to any and all comments or suggestions. Please note that it still needs to be populated with my available stock and the shopping cart. I just got it delevered by the kid that was helping me with the layout and I couldn't wait to get y'alls opinion.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

No ripoff of the AC/DC logo? Terrible... just terrible. How about AC DC with a pen with a lightning bolt inside it between them?

Dario

I'll wait until there is more to slam [;)][:D]

Actually it looks neat. Clean and loads fast (as far as I can tell). If ever, that same issue is the only negative for me right now...I think you have to add a bit more color but that is purely my taste (and I don't trust it myself LOL)

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
You don't have to send the pen...the mesquite blank will do..nice price..[:D]

Imperial Curly Mesquite
Regular Price: $0.00
Discounted Price: $0.00

vick

I do not know if it is a resolution problem or browser version problem but htings do not line up for me. Your menu boxes go down like stairs and the pen picture is not in the box.

20061026195537_billysSite.jpg
<br />

I am on IE7 resolution 1024x768

TheHeretic

I too like the site as well. But as someone else suggested I wouldnt mind seein a background behind everything. Nothing to elaborate. I just dont like the plain background.

Dean
Columbus OH

gerryr

I think it looks good and I'll take one of those Imperials too.[:D]

Mike, I think the problem is IE7.0. My screen is set to 1024x768 also and everything lines up fine for me. I'm using IE6.0

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
AFter seeing Vick's problem, I went to see if my monitor would do the same.

No problems, here!!!

Site looks well organized, nice start!

alamocdc

Thanks for pointing that out, Mike. We haven't tested it on IE7 and it looks like that's the problem. I'm not sure what they could have changed that would cause that though. It's all done with css, js and html.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Billy - Here's a free analysis of your home page. The problem is severe enough that you are unlikely to be picked up by the search bots.
I was not able to extract a character encoding labeling from any of the valid sources for such information. Without encoding information it is impossible to reliably validate the document. I'm falling back to the "UTF-8" encoding and will attempt to perform the validation, but this is likely to fail for all non-trivial documents.

The sources I tried to find encoding information include:

The HTTP Content-Type field.
The XML Declaration.
The HTML "META" element.
And I even tried to autodetect it using the algorithm defined in Appendix F of the XML 1.0 Recommendation.

Since none of these sources yielded any usable information, I will not be able to reliably validate this document. Sorry. Please make sure you specify the character encoding in use.

Specifying a character encoding is typically done by the web server configuration, by the scripts that put together pages, and inside the document itself. IANA maintains the list of official names for character encodings (called charsets in this context). You can choose from a number of encodings, though we recommend UTF-8 as particularly useful.

This information should be helpful for your webmaster in fixing things. One of the "good" things about IE7 is that standards are now being followed.

fritzmccorkle

my favorite part of people's websites is often the "about the artist" page. i think you should put a pic of yourself on there. or better yet a pic of someone else. hahahaha really, i do think you should include a pic of yourself on your "about" page.

alamocdc

First let me say that the site is just a fledgling for now. Secondly, this is exactly the kind of feedback I was after, so a big thank you to all who were kind enough to take the time to respond. I personally have yet to examine the code to see what it needs or what it lacks. I also know that the youngman I had design the layout knows very little, if anything, about meta tags so I knew I would have to insert them myself. DreamWeaver is a nice piece of software, but it will only function at the level commensurate to that of the author. He simply fed it the content I gave him. The part I am happiest about is the overall layout and of the pages and the logo he designed for me. This little bit of work took him about two months working at home in his spare time. He works for me 20 hours/week at the office and is a full time Computer Engineering student and this certainly isn't his area of expertise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not adding this to defend him as I feel he needs no defense. I simply wanted to share with you what I feel is great accomplishment for him.

It may well take me another few weeks to get everything right, but at first blush, it's everything I was hoping for. Okay, now if you'll excuse me, I have to go work on my web site. [;)]

GBusardo

I really like the page navagation, nice and easy to move around. To second someone else's suggestion, I think your feature pen needs to be the focal point of the page. More pictures and less print.
To be honest, I really do not like the logo. I know my eyes aren't the best, but it took me a while to figure out the "Diverse" word. All and all, as a comsumer who buys a lot off the web, I think the site has a ton of potential.
One thing I have been wondering about though. Is it possible that there are just too many choices? I would assume that most people buying a pen would not know what any of the styles look like and each style would have to be checked out. Is that a plus? Or a minus? Not sure.
The last observation I would think that Handcrafted Writing Instruments" a more prominant place on your home page.
Good luck and I think you are on your way to an awesome website.

Pipes

Hey I never slam a site ! mine is built with front page and we my wife and I make a very good living from it !! and some techno wennies don't like it our customers well MOST love it so who cares do your thing dude [:D]

http://affordablepipes.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom