Who to Blame----??????????????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Lets see it all started because of a post that Lou had made---about the price of kits/gold going up.
Someone else was talking about steel getting very expensive.
Then there was that guy at CSUSA/ Nils---very helpful----helped me spend a bunch of money.
Anyway Mr Brown just drove over the hill and dropped off my box.
That gouge is a P&N Supa Boul Gouge with a Bosh Handle.
And the 100 slimeline kits---hey I was running low.

200652419566_nils.jpg

2006524195648_nils2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I say blame Lou! I'm going to do the same thing when my wife sees all the new kits I ordered (or, more correctly, will be ordering) as part of the group buy! [:D]

smoky10

Why Gary, its good to hear from you. Its been a while since I've seen a post from you. These people around here will have you spending all your money on new goodies that you absolutely can't live without. [;)] [:D]

Dario

Gary, You can't have too much of those...wise investment [:D][;)]

Jim, You got it easy (listen to someone who does group buys), you can always claim that CSUSA made a mistake and shipped more than they should. OR claim that you probably made mistake packakging...now soem poor fellow are short with ordered kits [}:)]. Just don't show the CC bill later [:D][}:)] LOL

JimGo

LOL...both good ideas Dario, thanks! The other idea I had was simply to quickly stash my kits, and tell her that the whole thing was the group buy! [;)]

Gary Max

I had forgot to mention to SWMBO that I was buying the gouge.
hey my old one is gone there is almost nothing let to sharpen dang thing only lasted me about 20 years. I am hoping I get that kinda mileage out of this one also.
Tom ---we have been doing shows every weekend---Glendale had their spring show last weekend--we are going to Somerset this weekend.
I am thinking this whole purchase was Lou's fault----heck he's got big shoulders----hehehehe

Draken

Prices have gone up. I recently made a list of items I needed from CSUSA just the other week. Now the Statesman I need to order has gone from $29.99 to $31.99... [V]

Cheers,
Draken

Gary Max

This is the story I am telling the wife----I figured that the cost of kits----from everyone will go up about 20%. I don't see how they will have any choice. I wish I could afford to buy a bunch of Barons from BB. I have wanted to buy that P&N gouge for over a year---with the handle you are taking about almost $100.00 for one tool. They say---it is the best you can buy.

vick

I just got a P&N gouge but went the cheap route and turned my handle. I looked at the price and got sticker shock looking at those handles I decided to turn my own it brings the price down considerably. I hear those handles are nice though and I believe you can interchange tools though that seems like a pain. I need to put my ferell (don't nit pick the spelling) on tonight and glue in the blade.

Gary Max

Mike that is one of the things I am worried about. The handle feels great and if everything else works right together it will mean buyiny a handle with each new tool---I am way to dang lazy to swap tools and handles around. And remember this is all Lou's fault.

woodbutcher

$30.00 kit goes to 32.00. pen created $150.00- 250.00 Oh well.... All metal is way up and gas too. Electric, dont even ask. Free enterprise works, you either hunt the worm.or you are the worm. Don't allow yourself to become the worm. Lets go make some pens, In a hundred yrs no one will care anyway,
Jim[:)][:D][8D][:p]

woodwish

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Gary, You can't have too much of those...wise investment [:D][;)]

Jim, You got it easy (listen to someone who does group buys), you can always claim that CSUSA made a mistake and shipped more than they should. OR claim that you probably made mistake packakging...now soem poor fellow are short with ordered kits [}:)]. Just don't show the CC bill later [:D][}:)] LOL

My wife must think that CSUSA has the most incompetent shipping dept. in the business. Everytime I order "just one thing" they send me a huge box full of stuff that rattles all the way out to the shop, with a promise from me that I will call them and straighten it out. Actually, I think she lets me beleive that I am pulling a fast one but figures that as long as I am in the shop I'm not getting into any trouble. [}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom