Who are "Dawn & Ed"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Once upon a time, December 2008, the IAP had a number of members making pen blanks and selling them on the forum (and in some other places).
Dawn (PR_Princess) thought it would be a good idea to have a few of them send their blanks to her and she would set up a website (with the help of another IAP member-AlphaGeek) to sell them. That way, penmakers could buy from multiple blankmakers and pay only one shipping charge!!

Meanwhile, Ed (ed4copies) was selling pen blanks he was importing from Italy--many wildcat patterns--in his "Cat"alog-via email. (NOT very extensively)
Dawn built pages for these--"If you build it, they will come" and they did!!

In 2023, we are 14 years established and over 10,000 products strong. I (ed4copies) am still very active on IAP--visiting several times each week.

ExoticBlanks now offers over 100 YouTube videos (click on icon in my signature)--free tutorials on pen related topics. We also have links to YouTubes from our long-time friend and blank-making expert Underhill Casting Solutions (JohnU) on IAP. We also link to Mark Dreyer's "10 minute video" series--Featuring AAW presenter Mark Dreyer (MDreyer on IAP).

I will continue to build on this thread as time permits--but for the newcomers to IAP--this is to whom "Dawn & Ed" will, most often refer.

Stop in and see our store!! www.ExoticBlanks.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

My heartfelt thanks goes to Dawn and Ed for their dedication to the craft of pen-making and to all of us who indulge in this craft.

Their thoughtful and accurate responsiveness to questions and all communications has always impressed me as unsurpassed.

Ed's frequent presence and participation here on IAP is testimony to his sincere commitment to our pen-making desires and needs.
And although we don't see or hear from Dawn as much, we know jolly-well that she is the hard-working inspiration and support who is firmly involved in all that happens within the eminently successful Exotics business that serves us all so dependably and well.

Much, much more could be said to the praise and credit of both Dawn and Ed as trusted vendors and friends ! ! :) :) :)

Last edited:

Woodchipper

Ed and Dawn give outstanding customer service. Rare that people will sign their packing slips. Plus M&Ms are made here in Cleveland, Tennessee.

mg_dreyer

I have known Ed and Dawn since the late 90's when they did shows near my house. Ed always had time for me when I was first starting out. Remember this was back when the most exotic wood we used was cocobolo or king wood on a gold slimline. Ed had started making acrylics on cigar pens. I was floored. He later called me and helped me get some blanks (before ExoticBlanks even was around). I might still have the PDF of the "cats" sale flyer. Sincerely thanks Ed for helping me get started on this journey. I owe you.

RunnerVince

Exotic Blanks: The most expensive way possible to buy Peanut M&Ms. :p

In all seriousness, Dawn and Ed have become my go-to for both kits and blanks. I only order from other vendors if they don't have something I need. There's a local(ish) shop (CSUSA) that I go to when I pass that way, and I occassionally stop into the Woodcraft in Salt Lake, but for the price of gas, it's usually cheaper to pay shipping unless I happen to be going that way anyway.

The mix and match pricing is so nice. I typically order in smaller quantities, so I save like a dollar on an order, but it's a very considerate option, and customer service is second to none.

Top Bottom