Which blade for a Grizzly G-0555 Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

byounghusband

Ok all of you who have the Grizzly G-0555 14" Bandsaw, I read your comments on it am ordering it this week. I am getting the riser block to give me 12" cutting height. What I need to now is which Timberwolf blade are you using. [?]
I will use it for rounding out bowl blanks, some resawing, as well as cutting various pen blanks and pieces. I guess I'm looking for an all around blade.... There are so many choices. HP, Raker, Positive Claw, and AS-S blades. Then there is the TPI question.....

Please let me know yout thoughts.

Thanks!![8D]

Dario

Bob,

Give Suffolk machinery a call. They will help you find the best blade for your intended use and educate you in the process too. [^]

Rifleman1776

I have that model bandsaw and love it. I don't use the riser block as I believe that is stretching the capabilities of a 14" bandsaw.
A 14" bandsaw is not a saw mill.
But, the riser is a popular option. Just a word of caution, don't force or overextend what the saw was designed to do and do use the two-speed option with large (over 6") pieces of wood.
Now, your question: At the suggestion of the folks at Suffolk Machinery, I bought 3/4"X3 tpi resaw blades from them and they do excellent work. Much of my resawing has been on osage orange, really tough wood and it does it well. Depending on your woods, do not expect ultra-long life from your blades. Consider them disposables. Be diligent about adjustments and check frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom