Where to buy the click mechanism for the Slimline Pro Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I want to buy the click mechanism that is used in the PSI Slimline Pro Pen Kit.

Does anybody know what company might sell these ? Does PSI sell parts that are used in their kits ?

This is a 3-piece "plastic" mechanism and is shown as 3 separate pieces in the central part of this diagram :

I have developed and tested successfully a design for a very simple kitless click ballpoint based on this particular click mechanism.

It must be this click mechanism or an exact copy with the same size, geometry, and functionality.

Yes, I know that there are better mechanisms available, one being the totally internal fitting mechanism that's closely similar to the SKM-88 from Schmidt.
But I want to use the mechanism from the Slimline Pro ballpoint pen kit because I have proven my simple click pen design using it.

If anyone can suggest a source for buying this Slimline Pro click mechanism, I would be very grateful.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BULLWINKLE

Call PSI and ask them if they would sell click mechanisms separately. Worst case is that they say no. Best case is that you get the parts you need.

TonyL

I don't know if this is what you are looking for: Clicks

I purchased a few parts from them a few years ago.

Good luck!

derekdd

I'll be interested to hear what you find out because I've lost some of those small pieces in the past and had to use a new kit.

People really seem to like click pens but I'm not a fan of those cheap mechanisms.

magpens

Call PSI and ask them if they would sell click mechanisms separately. Worst case is that they say no. Best case is that you get the parts you need.

Thanks for your reply . . . ! . . . I had not thought of such a direct approach ! . .:eek::oops::D:D

magpens

I'll be interested to hear what you find out because I've lost some of those small pieces in the past and had to use a new kit.

People really seem to like click pens but I'm not a fan of those cheap mechanisms.

Thanks for replying . . . if I find a source I'll try to remember to let you know by posting here.

wood4fun

I want to buy the click mechanism that is used in the PSI Slimline Pro Pen Kit.

Does anybody know what company might sell these ? Does PSI sell parts that are used in their kits ?

This is a 3-piece "plastic" mechanism and is shown as 3 separate pieces in the central part of this diagram :

I have developed and tested successfully a design for a very simple kitless click ballpoint based on this particular click mechanism.

It must be this click mechanism or an exact copy with the same size, geometry, and functionality.

Yes, I know that there are better mechanisms available, one being the totally internal fitting mechanism that's closely similar to the SKM-88 from Schmidt.
But I want to use the mechanism from the Slimline Pro ballpoint pen kit because I have proven my simple click pen design using it.

If anyone can suggest a source for buying this Slimline Pro click mechanism, I would be very grateful.
why not go to william wood write and get the slim max 2.0, ive had better luck with that 3 piece click mechanism the the penn state ind, slimline pro

magpens

why not go to william wood write and get the slim max 2.0, ive had better luck with that 3 piece click mechanism the the penn state ind, slimline pro

@wood4fun . . . . I don't see that kit for sale from that vendor at the present time

They're clearing out the replacement tube sets for that kit, which suggests to me that they may have cleared out the actual kits some time ago.

magpens

There's also a source in the UK: Schmidts Pen Parts

@TonyL

Thanks for the suggestion, but Schmidt Pen Parts in the UK does not seem to sell anything similar to the part that I need.

Penn State Industries sells the complete kit called "Slimline Pro", but they do not seem to sell that kit's click mechanism alone.

The part that I need is the click mechanism (3 pieces: Front Mech., Back Mech., and Sleeve).

Thanks again.

Top Bottom