When to announce contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Being a new contest chairman, when do I make a post announcing the contest? Should I do it soon and publish the contest rules or wait until the first of Feb when the bash begins?

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I believe we announced the contests and rules the last week of January with sign ups and the offical entry threads not bieng posted until the 1st of Febuary. THe only advantage to that is that new members who have never been through the bash and new contests like yours have some lead time to start preparing a pen for the contests. Most of the seasoned members will already know the contests and their rules and have been planning pens.

Do we want to give any kind of a hint as to what contests we'll be having? Some have posted about contests. It would probably be best if we had all the contest rules and if possible what prizes and the calendar ready to go the week before so if anything unexpected comes up at the last bit we have time to deal with it.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Normally everything but the prizes are well established the week before the bash commences. You wont need although it would be nice to know your prizes and I should have that accomplished by then. If there are no major changes in the prize lists or contests.

Top Bottom