What Kind Of An Addiction Is This Anyway ... .. ..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Young

Every time I think I am all caught up with pens and want to get back to scrolling which I am far behind on now, I think of some ideas for pens and go at it again.
It was fun making these three this afternoon.
I made 30 centre bands from half a dozen varieties of wood so now I am experimenting with them. I made my centre bands according to Scott's recipe.

Top is birdeye maple with contrasting beaded walnut band.

Middle is yarrah and birdeye maple with matching yarrah band

Bottom is purpleheart and birdseye maple with contrasting padauk band.

The mixing and matching of material and designs for pens is endless and it is a very enjoyable hobby.
W.Y.

64941825.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

timdaleiden

I don't know if it is a true addiction, but it is fun to play around with different designs and materials. I like your middle pen the best. Very nice. [:D]

Nice pens Bill, the only one I don't care for is the last one. I think the red and purple sort of clash. Maybe a lady that belongs to the 'red hat club' would like it though. They wear red hats and purple blouses!

William Young

Bev;
I totally agree. I hade after thoughts about that one as well. The color stuck out like a sore thumb after the finish hit it. I think when I am turning a pen sometime, I'll stick in an exra centre band and turn it at the same time and then transfer it to that pen and loose the red one . Perhaps maple to match both ends of the pen would look good. Fortunately it is a floating band . If it had been glued on it could have presented a bit of a problem.
Constructive critsizm is always welcome.
W.Y.

Scott

Hi William!

Great looking pens! I think that top one is particularly nice! The color, shape and pattern all go so nicely together! Good job!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom