What is your favorite pepper?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

We are just getting ready to start the seeds for our garden and we usually grow pepper plants. We are looking to try something new that we have not grown yet. Tell me what your favorite peppers are.

Right now my choice is the new "Black Pearl". The draw back is locally you can only get it by 100 seed packs and it is $20.00 for the package.

Ryan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodman928

Ryan
You might try Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds at www.RareSeeds.com this company was started by a young man a few years ago and he has done a wonderful job very nice young man. If he does not have them he does have a nice variety of seeds.
Jay

mick

Gosh , there's so many good peppers out there. I like em all. Right now I'm hung up on the "sweet and hot" relishes and such. Just bought a wonderful Roasted Raspberry Chipotle sauce and some Candied Jalapeno's. Both of these are great over cream cheese.
For straight peppers you can't beat Habenros for flavor and level of heat. Jalapenos are also a steady favorite of mine. My Dad grows em and makes a wonderful hot relish from them. It's great on everything from black eyed peas to hamburgers.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ryan,

Is the Black Pearl you are looking for an ornamental? If so, you can get 10 seeds for $3.95 @ ParkSeed.com Hopefully this link will work. http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=3953&PrevMainPage=gatepage&scChannel=Gate%20aasnewwinners&OfferCode=S1H

BTW, it was a fairly quick google search.

splinter99

put me down for sargent pepper..followed by doctor pepper..

we grow lots of the hungarian hot wax peppers. great stuffed with ground beef or better yet, ground veal..cant beat fresh jalapenos and fresh cilantro on anything..except on doughnuts maybe..well ok sometimes....last yaer grew some volcanos..like a hungarian but much hotter..they were real scorchers

Ryan

Originally posted by jogregmon
<br />Ever try any Poblano chiles?

Nope! I will have to give this one a try this year. So far I have tried everything and there have been some good ones suggested.

One of my favorites for fajita's is called a fajita bell. It has just enough kick to make it warm, but not so hot you loose the taste of the food.

Ryan

Ryan

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Ryan,

Is the Black Pearl you are looking for an ornamental? If so, you can get 10 seeds for $3.95 @ ParkSeed.com Hopefully this link will work. http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10101&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&mainPage=prod2working&ItemId=3953&PrevMainPage=gatepage&scChannel=Gate%20aasnewwinners&OfferCode=S1H

BTW, it was a fairly quick google search.

Thanks for the link. That is the one I was looking for. I think I have decided to get the 100 seed pack. I found enough freinds and family to split them all up and not have a huge amount of them left over.

Ryan

Mikey

Heck, just plant me some green, red and yellow pepper plants. At $3-$4 a pound at the grocery store for these alone and with the amount that a family goes through, they would be my best investment.

Dario

I am not much into peppers but love the leaves (tops) on some of my chicken dishes. I don't know how to cook them but I eat them [:D]. For this purpose, the bigger leaf varieties works best [;)].

YUMMMM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom