What finish is being used in this video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul-H

Hi all

Just watched this Video and was curious as to what finish is being used.

Looking at the colour and consistency it's a friction polish but she mixed it from two bottles and the finish she got looked more like a CA finish to friction polish.

It's seen at about 5 minutes 50 seconds

Anyone know what she is using

Thanks

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

With the precautions taken to ensure that the product is thoroughly mixed, the appearance of the liquid, and the high shine result remind me of the Aussie Oil friction polish. From the video, I don't believe two bottles were mixed.

Paul-H

With the precautions taken to ensure that the product is thoroughly mixed, the appearance of the liquid, and the high shine result remind me of the Aussie Oil friction polish. From the video, I don't believe two bottles were mixed.
If you double check, when the Video shows her adding a measure of the liquid into the little jar there is already the first measure in the jar, so to me it definitely looks like she mixed 2 parts together.

hokie

According to the subtitles, at least one of the components is beeswax...
1685325631617.png

TonyL

I don't get a finish that shiny with pens plus. I really like the look of the finish in the video though.
I only get that finish briefly and on wood like cocobolo; then it is closer to satin as I handle then pen. He may have hold the "secret sauce".

Top Bottom