What Does Your Shop Look Like? Is It a Mess?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnathan

<center>Recently a few members have posted pictures of their shops and it got me to thinking of what everyone's shop might look like. Please take the time to post a picture of your shop. Is it a total mess or is it spotless? Do you have a ton of room or are things a little too cramped? Do you have every tool known to man or just the bare essentials? Lets have fun with this! Thank you for posting. [8D][8D]</center>

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

Other than the new rubberized floor the shop doesn't look too different from the postings I did last year. Woodturning IS a messy business but, for safety reasons, I never let my shop get too messy. You know, hidden edges, slip and trip hazards, and the possibility of unexpected combustion.

Johnathan

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Of course its a mess. If it was clean, it would be a kitchen.[:D]

I don't know Gerry, I do most of the cooking, and I believe my wife would probably argue with you on that one!

What is that she's always yelling at me? Oh Yes! "I'M NOT YOUR MAID!" You have to picture this with her eyes bugging out just a bit, and an entire kitchen having been through a day of me making homemade ravioli and canoli. I think she wishes we hadn't made the deal of-- I cook, she cleans.
[:D][:D]

gerryr

Johnathan,
I know how she feels. My wife and I take turns cooking and whoever doesn't cook has to clean. I've never seen anyone dirty so many dishes no matter how complicated dish. I can make chicken piccata and homemade pasta and only dirty five dishes, other than the plates.

woodbutcher

When I cook I clean as I go. Been single with kids A couple times. Always made sure to pretty well have dishes done except for the table setting and serving dishes. When I'm married I will work as many hrs as needed to make sure my wife can be a stay at home mom. I still help out so we can have our time together. Bt the way my shop alwys needs cleaning.
Jim

wood-of-1kind

Totally organized. If I can't find 'things'I freak and that's no good for my turning state. What little time I do have, I want to maximize and not have search for things like tools/kits. Everything, I mean everything has a place/purpose in my small shop. Heck my shop is so small that I need to go 'outside' just to change my mind.[;)]
-Peter-[:D]

arioux

Mine is totally organized. Tools in the pile on the left of the lathe, kits in the pile on the right, sanding paper in the pile in the back, blanks in the piles on the floor on the left, right, front and back, and wood chips very well organised and evently spread over all the piles.

Yep i really have a well organized shop[:D]

Alfred

Dario

Let me be the first to show my shop/garage...and maybe gloat a bit [;)][:D]. The wood shown is a small part of my collection LOL...it extends to my (entire) back porch [:p]

The shop basically wraps around my 2 car garage using as much "real estate" as I can without getting evicted LOL [:D][}:)]

The lathe, bandsaw and dust collector.
200641234537_P1010697a.jpg
<br />

The drilling and assembly area.
200641234621_P1010695a.jpg
<br />

Some wood at the other side/wall of the garage
200641234712_P1010689a.jpg
<br />

A few more woods in shelvings
200641234752_P1010690a.jpg
<br />

Dario

Billy, the wood you used to see in the garage got demoted and now occupies the entire back porch to make room for the lathe and other equipment. At the back, even the barbque grill had to step aside [:D]. You'll see it next time you visit.

Of course the garage have another wall too (that is not shown) [;)]

BTW, we didn't clean up for the pic...Jo always does it...regularly LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom