What do you think

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Ken Nelson and I have been going back and forth with some ideas for an oriental theme for the alternative jade pen....
So far this is the best idea I think we have.... now have to wait and see if Ken can use the image I sent him....
What do you think.... The image will be arranged by Ken, I just stuck it on the side of the picture...

200591023110_DragonPen2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
When you get it done, let me know what you think of having a design that lines up in 1 of 4 cap positions... I think you may look for something that fits on 1 barrel, and do some decoration that can be repeated (ideally 4 times ;-) on the other barrel or for some idependent design. Capped pens are tricky that way... The black on the faux jade looks good, I guess you'll color it or have it colored. I'm looking forward to the real McCoy!

Thumbs

Hoo! Haa! That will be something else! I hope it doesn't cost a fortune to get the engraving done, but it ought to be worth one when it is![^]

Rifleman1776

The oriental dragon, surprisingly, has strong roots in American history. If time permits later today, I'll find some representative of what was popular. For my tastes, putting the dragon on just one barrel or complete figures on each barrel would be preferable. Breaking up a figure like that just doesn't look right to me. But, that's me.

elody21

I Love it Griz!!! It is the perfect image for the pen. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Rifleman1776

Below is an image of the dragon a/k/a serpent that appears in many places through American history for the past 400 or so years. I'm not sure why it is popular but the concept came back to our shores from trading ships of yore. If you want a better image, let me know and I'll keep searching. Miracles can be done with laser engraving these.

2005911203823_serpent.jpg
<br />

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Ken and I looked at the design unbroken and broken and he thought it would be too small if only done on one barrel... that is why we are considering this format...

woodscavenger

With a pen like that I wish that it came in a high quality snap cap like my medium size Waterman. The multiple thread starts can be aggravating to get everything lined up. I love the idea however. Go for it!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I am not crazy about oriental designs but what you have pictured is sylish and attrctive.
I hope it all comes together.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Griz,

The pen is beautiful without graphics, but if you are going to add to it, I would agree that red might be a better color and I would avoid doing anything to the lower barrel for fear it will wear with use.

If you plan to sell it as a collector "Don't touch!!" pen, ignore the lower barrel comment above.

alamocdc

Do pens of this nature actually get that much barrel wear? I've not used mine long enough to know. It's just my personal opinion, but I think red may take too much away from the pen itself and be distracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom