what about Crystal Coat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

Just received the latest HUT catalog. They have always promoted their product, Crystal Coat. But this catalog is really pushing the stuff. Of course, according to HUT, this is the greatest stuff for finishing ever. I would like to hear comments from those experienced with it. I did a search and did find that a downside might be lack of durability. What say ye?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Czarcastic

I use ir regularly on items that are not going to be handled on a day to day basis (ornaments, bottle stoppers, minitaures, etc).
The stuff works really well (IMHO) and has pretty decent gap-filling properties for grainy wood.
I have done a few pens with it, and they held up for quite some time (6-months or more), but it does wear off eventually.

gerryr

I have some and really like how it looks, but it seems that no matter how long I leave the blanks alone after applying it, they loose the gloss. Then again, I've never left them alone for more than about three days so maybe that's the problem.

DWK5150

I like it. I use it on a lot of stuff that I turn adn have not had many problems with it but like everyone else says it does loose its gloss.

I have used Crystal Coat for a while and am unsatisfied with it, I've finished with Briwax that the gloss has lasted longer. Also, I havent found a bottle of the stuff that doesn't expire in the next few months after I buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom