We're missing a free for all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davinci27

I just noticed we don't have a free for all contest. Something that anybody with any pen could enter. Should we try to add one to this years agenda or is it something we may want to add to next years?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

davinci27

If you want to assign some prizes I don't mind running this. I'm thinking it will be any pens that are new to the site for february. That way anybody who's already done SOYP will still be able to post. I was also thinkgin of having judges pick top 5 then having a poll setup for users to vote for the winners. I'd need a 1st and 2nd place prize. Go ahead and assign some prizes and I'll post some rules.

DocStram

I'm waiting to hear Cav's input on this. My feeling is that we have so many contests going on already that things are getting a little confusing.

On the other hand, if Cav and the Bash Crew like the idea of another contest ... then, go for it.

davinci27

sure, makes no difference to me. I just noticed we only have 2 pen contests and one of those automatically excludes the majority of the user base. Just wanted to toss it out there and see what people think.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
On the way to the office today, Dawn mentioned we have no real pen making contest.

Slimlines, newbies, but no REAL pens.

Of course, Dawn is not in the "Planners forum", call her a "typical member"????

In which case our typical member sees no contest in which they can compete???

I think since Ben is volunteering to make this happen and since there really are no rules required (PEN=Must write - all else left to imagination), we should get on it.

Good reasons not to???????????????????

I'll go run and find Cav - you all stay here and sip your beers!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, Cav didn't say NO!!!

Remember when you told your mom that dad didn't say no, knowing full well you had not ASKED dad. Well, I asked Cav (by email) and I doubt he has seen it yet. But, historically, he WILL give us an answer, soon.

Keep sipping the beers, that way ANY answer will do.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The entire "hierarchy" is now in a meeting, huddling in a corner somewhere, whispering.

Someone should emerge soon with the "go ahead" for you, Ben.

Start planning, my friend.

DocStram

Do it!

Ben ......

Sorry this has taken so long ..... the answer is ... YES! Do it!

How about drawing up the plans for the contest ... let us know how many prizes .... and then post it here.

We'll take a quick look at what you've written (a REALLY quick look) and then give you the go ahead to post the announcement in the 5th Birthday Bash Forum.

Al

Top Bottom