Welcome to the Planning for the 2008 Bash!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Scott

Yeah, we were just "funnin" before January 1st! :D

And who WAS that first member, even 3 days before Jeff joined? Actually, it was Jeff using the Admin user name to see if the forum software was accepting signups.

Another good question would be "Who was the first member to sign up after the site went public?" It appears to have been someone by the name of Art Oswald, who has 0 posts. Some of the others joining that first day were Don Ward, Tom McMillan, Daniel Yourdon, Bill Baumbeck and Tom Jacks.

Scott.

grumps

Hello All...

Scott took me up on my offer to help out with the Birthday Bash. I know I'm coming in late (and I'm not real imaginative), but let me know what I can help with. I'm not retired but I have a lot of free time after work to provide whatever assistance I can. I deal with computers for a living, so anything related to acquiring/maintaining information would be fairly simple for me to handle.

I'm open to suggestions...

Jim Thomas

Randy_

.....Another good question would be "Who was the first member to sign up after the site went public?" It appears to have been someone by the name of Art Oswald, who has 0 posts. Some of the others joining that first day were Don Ward, Tom McMillan, Daniel Yourdon, Bill Baumbeck and Tom Jacks.

Just for fun, I sent an email to Art Oswald to see if we can learn anything about him. I thought it might be interesting to contact him and learn why he signed up and never posted.

P.S. I looked the guy up in an Internet web site and found he still has a phone listing. If I don't get an email response in a day or two, I may give him a call.

wudnhed

Helloooooooo........... Hi guys, name is Rebecca Blevins (only get called Rebecca when I'm in trouble, LOL) and I'm running the pen challenge. I have some questions Scott.

Do I need to have a separate locale to run the challenge?

Do the participants just post for that weeks challenge and we pick a winner for that week and start another?

Do we announce the winners at the end of that week or at the end of the month?

byounghusband

Hey all,
My name is Bob Younghusband (logon BYounghusband) I live in Sachse, TX. I have been on IAP for a coule years now and have learned SO MUCH here and hopefully, I have added to this site at times.
SinceI won the Pen and Pen Turners Contest last year, I figure I will volunteer to run this contest. If someone else already has it and I missed that, let me know....

Scott,
Any special rules or info I need for this contest?

Scott

Hi Bob!

You are welcome to the Pen and Penturner contest! Have fun with it! This might actually be a good, short-duration contest to start off the Birthday Bash with. Of course we'll have the Trivia contest every day, but maybe plan on starting the P&P contest on the 2nd or 3rd of January, sometime in the evening, so most of the members will be able to have a chance at it. Announce the contest on the 1st of January, so that everybody knows what it is and when it will start, and they can even do some research if they want to. Then just have at it! This could help everybody get fired up for the rest of the activities of the Birthday Bash.

Jim - Welcome to the Planning Forum! I have an idea for you - watch for an E-Mail later on.

Becca - Good to see you here as well!

Thanks everybody! Now lets all start getting our contests ready to go, and we'll need to start dividing up the prizes pretty soon!

Does anybody, other than Al and Bruce, have some pen blanks they'd like to donate as a prize for the Dear Santa Contest? I would let Al and Bruce donate as long as they don't send them to themselves! [:eek:)] I need three prizes, since I'm donating one myself. Thanks!

Scott.

Top Bottom