Welcome to raypopspens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Don Farr

Welcome Ray

Last weekend I set up my BIL with everything to make pens. Lathe, drill press, kits. wood everything. He thinks that I did him a favor getting him addicted. :biggrin: The problem is I can't get him to post an introduction. So I want to show him what a friendly bunch of folks that are on this forum.
He is to darn big and to nice of a guy to be shy, so lets give him a BIG IAP welcome and see if we can get him to post a hello.:):)
Oh!!! It's Ray from High Springs FL.

Thanks,
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

Welcome from NE PA Ray. If you need anything or have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask. We are all willing to help out as much as we can.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Ray!

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Your BIL can tell you what is worth using and what is not for you.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Rick_G

Welcome from Ontario Canada Ray. You had better have deep pockets and an understanding wife. Oh show her all the pens you make and she gets to keep any she wants.:biggrin:

DennisM

Welcome Ray,

What did you do to make your BIL so mad at you, that he would bring you down the vortex of pen making for? lol

It is a blast and very addicting! The guys here are top notch and always willing to help. Being a newbie myself, have to say they are great!!

Top Bottom