Wedding Guest Book Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBusardo

Hi Everyone,
I really like that wedding guest book pen and holder Janet was showing off in the "Show off your pens" forum. I thought that it would be a great idea for me to make one for my God son and his wife to be at there wedding next year. Do I ever remember signing a guestbook at a wedding? ummmm No. I asked my wife and she said all she can remember signing is a book at a funeral service. Is this a regional thing? Anyone know?
Thanks
Gary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Most of the weddings I've gone to have had a guest book. I don't usually sign it (I have terrible handwriting that the bride and groom wouldn't be able to read anyway!), but the books have been there. Of course, most of the weddings I've attended have been in the North East, or people from this area, so it may still be a regional thing.

gerryr

My wife and I had one at our wedding in Colorado. We recently attended a wedding in Michigan and there was one there. I've personally never understood the purpose of a guest book at a funeral, but then I don't really understand funerals(anyone remember the movie, "The Loved One").

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by GBusardo
<br />Hi Everyone,
I really like that wedding guest book pen and holder ...Is this a regional thing? Anyone know?
Thanks
Gary

In Canada we do use the guest books. Serves the useful purpose of reminding the bride to send THANK YOU cards to the 'guests' that attended the ceremony.

-Peter-

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />
Originally posted by GBusardo
<br />Hi Everyone,
I really like that wedding guest book pen and holder ...Is this a regional thing? Anyone know?
Thanks
Gary

In Canada we do use the guest books. Serves the useful purpose of reminding the bride to send THANK YOU cards to the 'guests' that attended the ceremony.

-Peter-

Which, I believe, is the purpose for the funeral book, too. But there are certainly people here better qualified to talk about funerals!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Just got an order for one yesterday. Plan to make a Euro with an inlay photo of Cala Lily on the top; customer will have the bottom laser engraved with names and date.

angboy

For a reliable answer, this is probably a question that should be answered by a female [:X]. And the answer is yes, it's a pretty standard thing, talked about in every bridal book and magazine I've ever seen. And it's usually the woman who signs them from what I've observed- so that's probably why some men might not know. [:)]

woodwish

We even had one 29 years ago at our wedding, seem pretty standard in the south. I remember looking at it on our 25th anniversary trying to figure out who all those people were. [:)]

This has nothing to do with the pen question, but last year at my idiot nephew's wedding they had a book like a scrapbook with room for photos. You would sign under where the photo would be, then someone was there with a camera taking pictures to insert later. Probably the smartest thing I saw at the wedding, including the bride and groom, but that's another story. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom