Wedding Gift

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wimkluck

wimkluck

My daughter is getting married early next week. Later this month they will throw another three-day party in Italy.
My gift are these two pens. The wood is blogoak. Aged 3000-6000 years. I hope this marriage lasts as long as the wood is old. A year more or less is also allowed.
There where big problems (My pen problems). I ruined the first two. To get the most blanks out of the piece of blog oak the blanks were 2 mm short for this pen. The i had two versions. Old and new. Do you need to read the manual? Yes. Did I? NO. So I ordered two more in Germany. After two week no pens. So I order them again.
Three days later the package arrived. So I needed 4 kits and 6 blanks to make to pens. Well done:mad:. Now the pens are almost perfect. Finished with walnut oil.

20230505_112654.jpg

20230505_112618.jpg

20230505_112419.jpg

The box I made it 5 years ago. I filled the cracks with a glue gun. Special kind of nylon. Just finished it looked very good. Now I think I could do better.
Made of oak and wenge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wimkluck

The story continues. Murphy's law.
They got married today. Signed the marriage certificate and then the civil registry officer jumped up and said the color of the ink should be black. My pens were with blue ink. So new marriage certificate and not signed with these pens.:mad:
Both my daughter and my son-in-law found the pens very beautiful

Top Bottom