Wedding gift for Granddaughter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

My Granddaughter got married on the 3rd and she told me several months ago that the only thing she wanted
was a river coffee table. Well, not my normal type of woodworking, but that's what PawPaw's do. My cousin just
so happen brought me a piece of Spalted Hackberry that was perfect for the table, so the attempt was on. Prepped
the wood, epoxied some 1 x 1 square tubing into the wood to stabilize and strengthen the pieces, leveled the surface
with a router. Made a frame to put the pieces in, taped off around where the epoxy would go and made three pours.
the first two, I used casting resin from Stonecoat Countertop and the last pour was their countertop resin which is harder
and more scratch resistant. I used Rubio Monocoat as the finish on the wood. For first attempt, came out pretty good and
GD was more that pleased. 1st pour.jpg2nd pour.jpg3rd Pour.jpg20190627_131321-1600x711.jpg20190718_180609-1200x1600.jpgDelivered table.jpegFinished table.jpgFinished top.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Nice river table! Grandparents are like that...grandkids are at the top of the list. I feel that will be an item destined to be an heirloom, passed down to succeeding generations. My complements! BTW, I have nine grandkids. Santa sends me Thank You notes.
Lived in Shreveport and Pineville, LA.

bmac

Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. On the underside of the table I have a 1 x 2 skirt and the legs are screwed in the
corners of the skirt on two sides of the legs. Woodchipper, I was born in Shreveport and grew up in Alexandria, across the river from Pineville.

Bobby
Louisiana

Top Bottom