Wedding Calla Lily Card Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

My wife wanted me to make her a card box for our wedding (3 years ago) after she couldnt find anything to match her calla lily theme. This is what I came up with. It was made by trial and error with no plans or pattern.

20086892927_calalillycardbox.jpg

We just celebrated our anniversary so we were looking over pics and I thought I would share one. Not sure why I made it like a mailbox, but it seemed ok at the time since it was for envelopes. Thanks for looking, John

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

WoW oh WOW! Nice work. I bet she would want a pretty penny for that! I really have no idea what that saying means.

You certainly do nice work.

leehljp

Member Liaison
WELL Done! My youngest daughter had calla lilies for her wedding theme two years ago. She made up her on invitations and they looked very professional. You too, have an artistic gift! Beautiful work!

JohnU

Originally posted by desertyellow

What are the general dimensions.
It's hard to tell the size from the picture.
It looks great, by the way.
Overall its 20" tall, 12" wide across front and back and 10" deep from front to back. I was going to put our names across the front instead of the flowers but ran out of time. I cut the flowers and steps out of pine and just changed the direction of the grain. I used acrylic paint thinned with water to color them and leave the grain visible. I then shaded the edged of the grey and speckled with a toothbrush dipped in paint. I used a couple screws to attach the bottom for easy removal of the cards.

Top Bottom