We’ve been spoiled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hippie3180

Well, I knew it was coming, today it's pretty cold(in the 30's with snow just North of us) out there with rain. We've been pretty spoiled up until now with 60 degree days and sun. I worked out in the shop (the garage)for a bit this morning until my hands were too cold and my nose was annoyingly runny. So, that leaves indoor tasks…website work, blank making and general admin type stuff.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wmcullen

Just finished work and received a package from @rherrell with a new toy I'm aching to try.
But to your point... it's dark and COLD out there in the garage and not going to get warmer in the next few days.
; )
- Cullen

Hippie3180

Is your website up and running? Care to share the URL with us? I'd love to check it out.
I had hoped it would be done by now, but it looks like a little bit longer. Still working on the backend type stuff and trying to obtain at least some temporary packaging. Soon though…I'll let you know.
Is your website up and running? Care to share the URL with us? I'd love to check it out.
Cold, wet + dark is even worse.

Smokey S

OMG, you must be up north from us.. Down here the day started of just beautiful with clear skies and sunshine. Along about 2:30 or so it clouded up and the breeze had a good chill to it. Spent the morning cleaning up the shop and after that pulled the skiff out getting it ready to get back on the water. Danged if I didn't have to go to town and buy a new battery. Time to get ready to get back chasing them redfish when I am not in the shop. I certainly enjoy them both. Just saying……. Smokey

Hippie3180

OMG, you must be up north from us.. Down here the day started of just beautiful with clear skies and sunshine. Along about 2:30 or so it clouded up and the breeze had a good chill to it. Spent the morning cleaning up the shop and after that pulled the skiff out getting it ready to get back on the water. Danged if I didn't have to go to town and buy a new battery. Time to get ready to get back chasing them redfish when I am not in the shop. I certainly enjoy them both. Just saying……. Smokey
Yep, I believe you stay warmer down south than we do. Enjoy that nice, not too hot weather.

Hippie3180

Where you at in Texas? I'm in a little town called Omaha in N.E. Tx.
I saw that and had to find a map, I had no idea there was an Omaha Tx. We are in Lubbock, the Panhandle of Tx. We dodged the snow, but got rain and it only stayed in the 30's. So a bit chilly, it's been in the 60's so nice out in the garage…but I know it's Winter so expecting some snow/cold eventually.

jrista

Yesterday was darn cold here in Colorado, too. Sadly, we don't get much rain this time of year, and it didn't snow....it stays pretty bone dry till early spring. The cold was biting, though, and I ended up staying out of the shop. I need some warm days soon here, as I have a store open on Etsy and need to keep it stocked!

Thankfully, a lot of the stuff I'm turning right now has indoor aspects like painting and other such stuff.

jrista

Jon, what is your Etsy store called? I'd love to look it up.

https://sylvanwoodcraft.etsy.com

I sold a bunch of stuff over the holidays, so its kind of sparse right now. I'm turning a bunch of things to try and repopulate it a bit, but I've had a lot of "other" business stuff crop up that I've had to attend to (for both this woodworking business ,as well as the one that really pays the bills.) So it might be another week or so, before I have much more to list in there .

rixstix

:p Poor baby :p..... we warmed up to 33 degrees today for the first time in days and will be dropping to single digits and below for the next 7-10 days. :p

Instead of garage, I'm glad that I was allowed to 'appropriate' half a room in the basement by building a divider wall with door complete with crappy basement quality cabinets and carpeted floor. When I finally trash the carpet, the epoxy paint is on-hand for the floor. The other half room is the 'Concession" stand for the basement movie theater. Too much room, the 2 of us is like BBs rattling around in a tin can.

Outdoor Christmas decor is frozen in place until spring. No snow cover, so ground is already frozen pretty deep.

Hippie3180

:p Poor baby :p..... we warmed up to 33 degrees today for the first time in days and will be dropping to single digits and below for the next 7-10 days. :p

Instead of garage, I'm glad that I was allowed to 'appropriate' half a room in the basement by building a divider wall with door complete with crappy basement quality cabinets and carpeted floor. When I finally trash the carpet, the epoxy paint is on-hand for the floor. The other half room is the 'Concession" stand for the basement movie theater. Too much room, the 2 of us is like BBs rattling around in a tin can.

Outdoor Christmas decor is frozen in place until spring. No snow cover, so ground is already frozen pretty deep.
Sounds like you work in a climate controlled shop.

I worked out in the garage this last summer when it was 112F. I don't think you get the heat we do.

bsshog40

I saw that and had to find a map, I had no idea there was an Omaha Tx. We are in Lubbock, the Panhandle of Tx. We dodged the snow, but got rain and it only stayed in the 30's. So a bit chilly, it's been in the 60's so nice out in the garage…but I know it's Winter so expecting some snow/cold eveeventually.
Lol, ya we moved back here to E.Tx. from Midland a couple years ago. Was there for about 4 yrs. I use to have to go back and forth every other week working for an oil company until we moved out there. Got tired of the oilfield and we came back to the tree and lake side of Tx. Lol My wifes son and his wife live in Lubbock. My wife was born in Lubbock.

rixstix

Sounds like you work in a climate controlled shop.

I worked out in the garage this last summer when it was 112F. I don't think you get the heat we do.

Yep, I'm lucky to have a remodelable basement that is 55 degrees year round & an understanding 'better half'

We only bump triple digits but still manage 95% + humidity.

Woodchipper

Hooray! I closed off the one car garage, insulated and paneled the garage door, put up shelves. The old heat pump was replaced. I now leave the vent open. Earlier, it was 64 and with the colder weather, it's down to 60. A small heater boosts the temp where it is comfortable and allows workable temps for glue and finishes.
Live in Louisville, KY, winter of 76-77. Had over a month it never got above zero. Gas furnace, I noticed, ran for three days! Ohio River froze solid.

Top Bottom