Wanted Wanted Hummingbird nest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

southernclay

Fairly odd request but putting it out there just in case. My mom turns 70 in September and has always wanted an abandoned Hummingbird's nest. If anyone happens to have one I'd love to buy or trade for it. Packing would need to be super careful of course. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

Just putting this out there and I am not an expert by any means on birds in general or hummingbirds but I believe Hummingbirds return to their nests every year so finding an abandoned one may be difficult.

southernclay

Just putting this out there and I am not an expert by any means on birds in general or hummingbirds but I believe Hummingbirds return to their nests every year so finding an abandoned one may be difficult.

Same here, no expert at all. I think their nests won't make it through a full year being so fragile but not positive.

My experience with Hummingbirds is that there nests are very fragile and very hard to find due to the size of the nest and where they are located. I don't believe they use the same nest but they do come back to the same area. We had a Hummingbird nest in our pomegranate tree for several years. Each year there was a new nest as the winter rains washed the used nests away. Good luck on your hunt!

southernclay

This is on Etsy
I tinied it for you as the whole address is like 3 lines long.

Thank you! I appreciate the extra effort on the tiny url too. Unfortunately I think this is just a small bird nest and not a hummingbird. Regardless thanks for the help!

steamshovel

Check with your state fish and game and see if there is any regulations keeping the hummingbird nest. They do not use the same nest year after year. Hummingbirds do not live but a couple of years. I have heard that there is a $200,000.00 fine for keeping a nest. We rescued a couple of chicks a few years back when we were trimming trees. That was quite an experience. I put up pictures and wrote a lot about them on the patriot woodworker site.

Good Luck

Preston

southernclay

Check with your state fish and game and see if there is any regulations keeping the hummingbird nest. They do not use the same nest year after year. Hummingbirds do not live but a couple of years. I have heard that there is a $200,000.00 fine for keeping a nest. We rescued a couple of chicks a few years back when we were trimming trees. That was quite an experience. I put up pictures and wrote a lot about them on the patriot woodworker site.

Good Luck

Preston
Thanks!

Top Bottom