Wanted Wanted - Bushings and Step Drills for Designer Fountain/Rollberball PKMONT-BU3 & PKMONT-SD3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

Hi All,

I am looking for Bushings and Step Drills for Designer Fountain/Rollberball PKMONT-BU3 (Bushings) & PKMONT-SD3 (Two step drills, one with two steps and one with three steps). These are needed for the obsolete kits from PSI PKMONTRP2G, PKMONTRP2C, and PKMONTRP2M kits. (Copy of Instruction sheet is attached).

Regards,
Dave

Attachments

• PKMONTRPXX-PKMONTFPXX_ins.pdf
    431.5 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carlmorrell

I may be able to help with the step drill. A million years ago I made every kind of pen kit. I found the step drills in one minute. Still looking for my dial caliper. ugh. If you think these would work, I'll send them to you. Can you read my fine writing and decode it? I measured on the 2-step drill .475 and .4" the bottom section is 1.2 inches long. the the upper section is 1.5 (not .5) The 3 step drill is .4 .35 and .3 inches (more or less). With abut 1.2" long steps.
20210803_192628[1].jpg

randyrls

Dave; You could drill the steps with THREE drill bits. I have done this with other pen kits. Mark the depth on the side of the drill bit and drill until you hit the mark. Then switch to the second size. Lastly drill thru the smallest bit. There are drill bit charts in the library. You could make bushings from acrylic, but with calipers you just have to find bushings that are close to the right size but just slightly smaller is preferred. I never trust bushings, always measure fittings and barrel size with calipers. Tip: with digital calipers, put the calipers on the fitting, the press the zero button. Now the calipers will show you how much oversize you are.

MSC has drill bits in every possible size. 12.3mm? got that!

southernclay

I may be able to help with the step drill. A million years ago I made every kind of pen kit. I found the step drills in one minute. Still looking for my dial caliper. ugh. If you think these would work, I'll send them to you. Can you read my fine writing and decode it? I measured on the 2-step drill .475 and .4" the bottom section is 1.2 inches long. the the upper section is 1.5 (not .5) The 3 step drill is .4 .35 and .3 inches (more or less). With abut 1.2" long steps. View attachment 314071

I believe these are the right drills. I've got a set of tubes and did quick measuring. Also just the eyeball test sure does look correct.

IMG_5652.jpg

Top Bottom