Walnut Pen with WB Laquer Finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

William Young

Here is my first attempt at using WB laquer on a pen. This is a very high quality Semi Gloss WB laquer and the shine is just great on it . I sanded down to 12000 MM before applying it and learned a few tricks about applying it also. This is a 4 or 5 coat deep finish all applied within minutes of each other that I feel will last for years and it has a glasslike feel to it. Of course it will take another day or so to fully cure but it is usable now. I assembled it 12 hours after applying the finish.
With a Semi Gloss finish like that , I cant wait to see what they will look like with high gloss.
I am going to order a quart of the high gloss version monday morning of the same laquer and that should provide a knock your eye out shine.
I have a feeling that this is now going to be my finish of choice.
W.Y.
65111123.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

William Young

Wayne.
Thanks.
From my previous experience with using that product on my fretwork clocks and other scrollsawed projects (as a spray application) that I make , they recommended the first coat as a sealer and that is all I ever used. Perhaps it is different for some reason or other for application on pens because the pen was not sprayed. So I will check into that.
W.Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom