Hi,
When assembling the Wall Street II / Sierra what should turn to
have the pen nib come out ? I'm guessing the pen nib assembley and the
cap end stays stationary. Sorry if this is a dumb question, just want
to be sure before I glue anything in.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Bryan,
The top of the pen turns. Actually I guess some would say the bottom turns. You know this will all depend on whether you think the glass is half full or half empty! I'm looking forward to seeing the replies you get. With this kit I'm not sure what you would glue in place? Except maybe the clip assembly?

Mikey

The nib and the black plastic are one piece and the wood should be an easy slide fit over the nib assembly. This slide fit is what ultimately opens and closes the pen. The end of the pen will press into the wood as well as the end of the pen mechanism, which hold everything together.

I've only made a few of them and for those I just pushed the clip assembly into the barrel by hand. It seems tight once it's in so I guess it's OK. I don't think you should have to glue anything together. Remember if you glue it you can't redo it (easily). I can't feel any noticeable play between the nib assembly and the barrel - very smooth operation.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Mikey
<br />The nib and the black plastic are one piece .....

What appears to be black plastic is actually powder coated brass. If yours is plastic you might have a fake. Look inside the nib and see it it is black in there as well.

Mikey

Yes, the clip should be pressed into place and very tight. If the clip is twisting, something is way too loose.

Mudder, thanks for telling me. I tried to look inside the nib, but I couldn't see. A few taps on it revealed that it was indeed metal.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom