Votes: 16 14.4%
  • PEN 10

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • PEN 11

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D.Oliver

For your veiwing pleasure we have on display the entries of the Ball Point contest. Please pick your single favorite pen. There will be only one round of voting. So enjoy but remember "Look, but don't touch".

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

PEN 1

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

Here's my ball point contest entry:

The Pen: Big, Bold – perfect for signing the wedding guest book and then as a keepsake. An attention getter for any event with a sign in or sign up!

Construction: turned from red tru-stone, segmented with white tru-stone and assembled with ultra cigar components.

D.Oliver

PEN 2

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Here is my entry into the ballpoint pen contest.It is a rhodium plated cigar dressed in manzanita burl with a redwood burl centerband.Every piece was used with 2 modifications.I turned off the thick portion of the centerband and replaced it with redwood burl and I also turned off the decorative ring on the transmission adapter.This allows for a smooth transition between the upper and lowerbarrels and yes it still twists in the middle.

D.Oliver

PEN 3

7.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg

Kit: Rockler Cuban Pen Kit-Gold (item 48381)
Blank: Rockler "Money" Inlace Acrylester (item 25461, made for them by WoodTurningz)

D.Oliver

PEN 4

10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg

This is of course a Cigar pen kit in brushed silver.
The blanks are hand formed out of polymer clay into a polygon, or in this case, a six sided hexagon. NO lathe was used in the making of the blanks. Clay was sanded to 400 grit and 8 coats of thick CA added, resanded to 1200 and a hand polished final coat of One-Step Plastic Polish applied and rubbed out.

D.Oliver

PEN 5

13.jpg14.jpg

Black Ti/Gold Ti Cigar with Spalted Red Oak. The only modification to this pen is the custom finial. I don't really care for the hex finial, but I like the rest of the kit, so the best mod for me is replacing the hex finial with a wooden one! The barrels were soaked in BLO for a day and then left dry for an equal amount of time before I applied the CA finish. The BLO soak really gives the oak a rich, golden look.

D.Oliver

PEN 6

15.JPG16.JPG17.JPG

Here's my entry for the ball point pen contest.
It's a chrome cigar.
I made the blank from 34 layers of denim held together with fiberglass rosin.
I then randomly segmented the blank with aluminum roof flashing and thin black plastic.
I finished it with 8 coats of medium CA then polished with micro mesh.

D.Oliver

PEN 7

18.JPG19.JPG20.JPG

This Cigar Pen is made from PR. I prefer the clean and simple lines and also think that the "Whiteness" dictates exactly that. All the parts were powder coated to match the barrels. The bits of segmentation were just a "Pretty her up" and give a small accent to the purity of the pen.

Last edited by a moderator:

D.Oliver

PEN 8

21.JPG22.JPG23.JPG

Chrome/Satin Chrome Hybrid cigar dressed in a black and white M3 Mokume Gane blank.

Custom finial from the same material.

D.Oliver

PEN 9

24.JPG25.JPG26.JPG

This was made using "Tube-On" techniques. I used a Rossi-Florentine Print paper, imported from Italy. It was cast using Alumilite Clear, a pressure pot and a whole lot of polishing!

D.Oliver

UPDATE PEN 7

Here is a description for pen 7

This Cigar Pen is made from PR. I prefer the clean and simple lines and also think that the "Whiteness" dictates exactly that. All the parts were powder coated to match the barrels. The bits of segmentation were just a "Pretty her up" and give a small accent to the purity of the pen.

Top Bottom