Vise Doesn't Extend Unless I Pull It

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lucky2

Tony, did you contact HD or Bessey about the warranty? I read about the limited lifetime warranty, on the posting you made to show us the vise.If it's not something simple to fix, I would be calling them or taking the vise back to the HD store.

Len

Reactions: DrD

DrD

I'm with Magpens - you likely messed, unintentionally of course, with the over-travel thingy, and I'm with Lucky2 - take it back to HD.
All the best - Don

TonyL

Thank you. There is a spring that I need to slide toward the handle and secure it behind a pin. I watched a few YouTube...seems to be the Achilles heel of the lower end vises.
HD wil also take it back..it had a lifetime warranty. Thank you all!

JoeCallahan

I worked in the hardware/tools department of my local HD for a little over a year. Durring that time, I had several customers come in with problems on that specific vice. As long as you have the original box and proof of purchase, we often replace it with one right off the shelf. It would be my advice to upgrade to the Bessey 6 inch vice should you continue to have problems with your current one. The 6 inch is much sturdier, and has a better lead screw. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom