Vintage cellulose fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I'd been sitting on this really cool purple vintage cellulose material for a few years but had never used it, so I figured I'd try it out. The rods were only about 15mm, so I needed to downsize the pen to be able to make the cap from the material as well. It's a slim-ish pen, with cap threads of about 12mm and fills via internal piston mechanism that actuates when you turn the finial on the barrel. I made the hardware from silver and engraved the clip and cap band. The pen uses a jowo #6 nib.
DCCD2E80-7C7B-4BC3-9775-0B32AAA18909.jpeg
F114333C-22E3-45DE-BE8D-DFAFE150BD46.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jalbert

Beautiful, I like the threads at the nib. What is the section diameter? I didn't think it was possible to fit a #6 nib in a 12mm body.
Probably slightly larger than 12mm. The pen tapers down from about 14mm at the fattest point of the barrel to 12mm at the threads.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
John, your final pens are superb... Your metalwork is of an even higher skill set... And your eye for design, complimentary materials, and artistic skills is a joy to behold. Truly, thanks for sharing. 🙏 I love seeing your work!

Dannv

Beautiful pen. The silver work is totally beyond me. You did a great job. Did you make the piston mechanism or is it commercial?

Top Bottom