Veterans Day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AKBeaver

With the loss of Rescue 1705 and the Marine Cobra and the shootings at Ft. Hood, this Veteran's Day is a little but more solemn than usual for me.

For the family and friends of Rescue 1705, As a 26 year active duty vet of the Coast Guard, I have witnessed an astounding amount of heroism. We operate under the unwritten rule that we have to go out, but we do not have to come back....As morbid as it sounds, it is a testimony of the determination the Coast Guard operates under everyday. We risk everything so others may stay safe.

Fellow Coasties - stand relieved, we have the watch. Rest in Peace.

For the Crew of the Marine Helo, your Family and friends are in our thoughts and prayers.

For the Fallen and injured at Fort Hood. You, your families and friends are also in our thoughts and prayers. I implore all to withhold judgment until all the facts are in and the investigation is over for this senseless act of violence.

For all those that have served and are currently serving. Thank you for what you do and have done, for I sleep better knowing my bothers and sisters in arms are keeping the watch, and our nation safe.

Finally for all Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Coasties in theater, Stay safe shipmates, keep a sharp mind, and be smart about what you are doing over there.

Last edited:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
A big hearty THANK YOU to all who have or are currently serving.
How many of you that are members of IAP are active duty military personnel or you have a son, daughter, sister of brother serving.
I think it would be interesting to see how many there are.
I'll start by posting that my son, Ryan, is currently in the Coast Guard and stationed in New Orleans.

Daniel

Thank you all that have served or are serving our country. I know out freedom is not free and i realize you are paying the lions share of that tab.

As for family that are active. My Nephew (Who is much more like a son) is in Kuwait. his brother is soon to follow. Both are outstanding young men.

to the rest of our service people. I know that being a hero seldom feels heroic. But to me each of you are.

Top Bottom