Very busy weekend for me- and some stress as well

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

We traveled up North to Pueblo, Colorado on Friday to pick up a new puppy on Saturday. The travel time was 8 hours. ( Added a bit with a couple of food stops )
My wife was number 5 on the reserve list to pick out her puppy (at one hour intervals).
It was scheduled for 2 pm on Saturday. The local forecast was for severe thunderstorms with possible 2 inch hail predicted to start around 2-3 PM.
The breeder was 40 mins from were we were staying in Pueblo.
Fortunately the weather forecast was wrong and the storms started a few hours later after we had left the area. I was stressing about that.
Got home just after Midnight. Puppy slept all the way without a whimper and no potty stops.

So now we have a cute little female labradoodle puppy. She is a cutie with a great disposition. Even our two grown cats are accepting her.

thumbnail_IMG_0877.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0878.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
My son and a nephew have Labradoodles, they couldn't be happier! My son has brought his 3x to our house, and it has been great - energy level over the top, but a great disposition.

Enjoy, and I'm glad the trip went OK.

jjjaworski

Glad you missed the hail. We got a little in the springs. Pea size.
The darn local weather reports just freaked me out. Sounded like all hell was going to break out.
We get the same thing in our area when they have high wind warnings and storm warnings.
A bit overkill it seems but better to be aware then caught unknowing.

jjjaworski

My son and a nephew have Labradoodles, they couldn't be happier! My son has brought his 3x to our house, and it has been great - energy level over the top, but a great disposition.

Enjoy, and I'm glad the trip went OK.
Mark,

She is a great pup.
I am taking 2 weeks vacation to help my wife with the " breaking in period ".
So you know who is up at 3AM taking her for a walk and then again at 6 AM..
The university I work at was offering early retirement incentives because of COVID and budget issues.
With all the time I am using with the pup , I should have jumped on it but was not quite ready to hang it up.

Jim

Top Bottom