Wanted Veneer sheets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RDH79

Looking for nice exotic and Burl and John figured veneer sheets.
Will buy or trade kits. Jr Gents and jr Statesman and many others depending on what and how much you have.
I know I can get packs at Woodcraft but I would end up with half that I would
Never use
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RDH79

Thanks.
Checked them out.
They have what I want but there shipping is high. Shipping is same cost as the veneer.
Are there any coupon codes around that you know of?
Thanks

lorbay

Thanks.
Checked them out.
They have what I want but there shipping is high. Shipping is same cost as the veneer.
Are there any coupon codes around that you know of?
Thanks

Ha ha. Your fortunate you live in the states. If that was shipped to Canada the shipping would be double the amount of the products.

Lin

jttheclockman

I can vouch for Terry's site. I have bought from them. Good quality product and well packaged. You do have to be careful of what you call veneers. These are veneers that go on exterior projects and not used for segmenting in the sense of between layers of woods.

donstephan

Over the years I've purchased quite a few sheets of burl from Certainly Wood and they always had to be packaged flat between multiple layers of corrugated cardboard, so the handling is time consuming. Their web site shows EXACTLY what you are ordering - how figured, types of figure . . . - so there's no reason for surprises. It is expensive, but "you get what you pay for" in life. If interested in say burl, my suggestion is to order a single sheet of several different ones to allocate shipping cost over several rather than just one. If necessary, try to find woodworking/woodturning/penmaking group in your area to share the cost. But expect that burl will not be perfectly flat - it likely will need flattening. Not a complicated process but takes a few minutes each day for a few days. Flattening solution can be bought or mixed.

Last edited:

RDH79

Thank You for the posts. I think I am going to get a small variety pack and see what I like. I noticed the sizes might be alittle bigger than other places I looked.

Top Bottom