Vendor and demo for 2017

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

I spoke with Jon David Jones of Signature Pen Supply today.
He said he will be a vendor and offered to demo as well.
I told him the proper people in the committee will be in touch as we get closer.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Magicbob

Curtis my vote is 80% yes, if you bring your lovely wife & daughter, I'll raise that to 100%
They made the MAPG so much more fun.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This week (Wednesday) I will start to outline the folks who have already volunteered to do a demo, possible topics from past suggestions and possible turners to contact.

I will then offer some thoughts and the committee/interested parties can add comments, and then I'll start to make some preliminary contacts.

Magicbob: Are the dates firm - meaning I can tell folks the exact dates they have the option to do a demo on?

Are we also planning a Friday evening and full Saturday (some format as this year)?

Mike B & Magicbob: Last year the "segmented blanks" made us about $250. That was for about 60 blanks - $5.00 price; I kept $1.00 for materials and MPG made $4.00 each. I plan to have 100 this year - $6.00 price, $5.00 each to MPG. I am guardedly confident that we will then have $500 profit.

My thought is... if you guys will inquire early about a donated lathe. If one is NOT donated, I will extend $500 this fall, so we can buy a nice lathe when on sale, and reimburse myself from the Segmented blank sales.

I already have 25 segmented blanks done, so the 100 total will be easy.

It would also work if Hartville or other sources would sell us a lathe at cost.

Just throwing out thoughts.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Website / Prizes/ Vendors

OK Folks, I guess I better get caught up with you!

Domain name & Website - "MPG" is not available with any .suffex unless we want to pay thousands of dollars. midwestpenturnersgathering is available at varying prices. .com $10.69 per year. .us $0.88 per year. .net $12.88 per year. .org $12.48 per year. The are several others as well. I think we should go with .com or .org. As far as the website goes, it doesn't have to be overly complicated. Just a place to list events, presenters, prizes and announcements. I am experimenting with Weebly, which is free.

Magic, please email the address you want me to use for shipping prizes.

I think it might be a little early to start soliciting prizes. Last year I started soliciting for prizes in early November. If you want me to start this month let me know. I don't think there will be any problem with putting out a call for vendors.

Last edited:

Magicbob

date is firm.
Friday and Saturday like before.
I do think we could go an hour or two longer on Saturday.
I will be meeting with HH about my tool this week and will make inquiries about possible lathe options.

Top Bottom