valetsellerdistribution.com

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pssherman

I received an email through my website from someone at valetsellerdistribution.com about putting my brand on walmart.com. Does anyone know anything about them? Are they legit or are they a scam?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Hmmm. I doubt if it is legit. Besides Walmart and Home Depot are experiencing lots of store theft from customers and employees. Small items are a preferred target. Used to work at Sears about 45 years ago. Jewelry was a big target, especially with kids.

duncsuss

Did you check out their website? It looks like a legitimate operation, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to follow through with them.

First - exactly how big do you want to grow your pen making business? Are you aiming for the stars or just doing this in your spare time or retirement? Because there's really no point listing your products on walmart.com unless you have the intention to sell dozens of sales per week, you might as well stick to Instagram, Facebook and Etsy for a handful per month.

Second - what percentage of your sale price are you willing to hand over to them as commission? They surely expect to be paid for whatever service they provide to you, and it will either be in the form of a percentage or it will be a flat fee, which could leave you making a significant loss if your sales don't live up to expectations.

I'm not suggesting this is wrong for you - I don't know your situation or plans and aspirations. Just go into it with your eyes open and be careful to avoid getting stuck doing something you didn't bargain for and don't enjoy.

Darios

I found their name as a seller on Walmart.com so they seem 'legit' in that they appear to be a 3rd party vendor for them.

In addition to what @duncsuss said above, I'd add in a question about how much value do they add to the process? If they are just going to add a pic of your product to their storefront but you on the hook for shipping once an order comes in, for me that would be a minimal value add and their rates would have to reflect that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom