Vacuum through pressure regulator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Hi all,

I'm about to go on a shopping spree to get all the parts for my pressure/vacuum pot. One thing I was trying to design around was having my pressure regulator in the circuit while the tank was under vacuum. In this thread http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24174 it looks like the vacuum gauge is actually sitting on top of the pressure regulator and the vacuum is being sucked backwards through the regulator.

My question that may be stupid (since he is obviously doing it) is this, is this OK to do? The vacuum won't hurt the regulator? If so then my design gets simplified immensely since I've already ordered a single vacuum+pressure gauge.

Thanks in advance!!
GK

its_virgil

I use a vacuum/pressure combination guage. I use the pressure regulator on the compressor to regulate the pressure...I don't have the regulator that came with the tank installed. I leave the compressor hose hooked up to the tank during the entire casting time. If the pressure drops a little, the compressor kicks on and pumps it back up. I did a cast this afternoon, left the tank pressurized for 4 hours and the compressor kicked on three times.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by gketell
<br />Hi all,

I'm about to go on a shopping spree to get all the parts for my pressure/vacuum pot. One thing I was trying to design around was having my pressure regulator in the circuit while the tank was under vacuum. In this thread http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24174 it looks like the vacuum gauge is actually sitting on top of the pressure regulator and the vacuum is being sucked backwards through the regulator.

My question that may be stupid (since he is obviously doing it) is this, is this OK to do? The vacuum won't hurt the regulator? If so then my design gets simplified immensely since I've already ordered a single vacuum+pressure gauge.

Thanks in advance!!
GK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom