Vacuum pump?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Firefyter-emt

It "could" but the volume of vacuum you have to remove may be a killer because you need to draw down a much larger volume than the small bag. For the cost, the Harbor Fright one would be a much better option. You can also keep an eye out for AC vacuum pumps, the new regulations in the last decade has made R-12 / R-134 combo systems the norm so you do not find as many old style systems still in use. However, these will be much more than the HF pump.

chiselor

The problem is, not being familiar with vacuum pumps, I have no idea how they are hooked up, what components you need etc....I have some Kauri wood soaking in polyurathane right now, but its obvious it would be better in a vacuum to suck the poly into the wood! thanks for your response.....

stevers

Hey Dave, if you need help or to use my PVPot, let me know.
The problem with that hand pump is you could never pump it fast enough to create the volume necessary to pull down a PVPot. You may be able to pull down a small pickle jar. Cant say for sure.
I tried soaking some heavily burled wood in poly with no vacuum or pressure and the poly didn't even begin to soak into the wood. Not even a quarter inch. And some of it was in for days. And I wouldn't pull it until it sank to the bottom. It just never got close.
If you need something, let me know.

loglugger

I ran across this looking for a price to go by,
http://www.google.com/products?q=milwaukee+49+50+0160&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title
I got one off of craigs list for $60.00 and it pulles 27 in.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom