Vacuum pump stopped

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimhenning

Hey all,

I have a Robinaire vacuum pump. I use it to stabilize blanks using cactus juice. About 2 months ago I ran it and it was going fine and I walked out and came back and now it just makes a vibrating sound, no suction at all. what happened? The oil level is fine, I only used it maybe 10 times, tops. No support from the company I bought it from on Amazon. Any one have any ideas? Thanks!

Jim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I am only familiar with vacuum pumps that have motor connected to the pump by a V-belt.

With the electrical power disconnected, I turn the pulley by hand for a few turns and this seemed to work. . Not sure if this is a manufacturer-approved method.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
My WAG is that the vanes inside the pump are stuck. My Robinaire did this a few months ago. I had to disassemble the pump and clean the internal workings.
You didn't say how old your pump is. If new, this world most likely void the warranty. I bought mine used over 5 years ago.

jimhenning

My WAG is that the vanes inside the pump are stuck. My Robinaire did this a few months ago. I had to disassemble the pump and clean the internal workings.
You didn't say how old your pump is. If new, this world most likely void the warranty. I bought mine used over 5 years ago.

That's what I'm seeing online, the vanes are stuck. It was new online from Amazon, but the seller is not responding, its about a year old. Left them a bad review for crappy customer service. I'll attempt to fix this weekend, thanks for the advice!

tomtedesco

I also use a Robinaire pump, had it about 8 years w/o problems. Found it at a pawn shop for under 40 dollars. Be sure you don't suck CJ into pump, I am sure that would cause stoppage.

Gary Beasley

The pumps will get stuck if used long enough without changing the oil. Water builds up and starts a little corrosion which can eventually wear the vanes out. If you can remove the shroud from the cooling fan you will be able to manually spin the pump and get it going.

menglor

I know this is an old post, but I will add my .02 cents for anyone else that runs into this.

if you allow ANY Cactus juice back into the oil reservoir, when you run your pump for long hours, it will heat up and cook the juice.

I lost my Knock off pump this way, I took it apart and found chunks of resin inside.

I built a host that has a long pimp thats 2" thick inline. so the chances of back fill are still there, but it has to fill up at 2" x 24" pipe to get to it.

Top Bottom