?Vaccum gauge

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe62

OK, I've given up. Either no one around here has an old a/c vaccum gauge or they don't want to part with it.

I've gone to auto parts stores and all they have are the ones with the little plastic tube. I've got my pot built very similar to the way Steve Swiger's tutorial (Thanks, by the way!). I just need the *$#@&%# vaccum guage and I'm done.

So... guys... please tell me where I can get one that'll thread into the 1/4" Brass elbow I've left for it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Try an industrial supply business like Grainger Supply, MSC Direct, or ENCO. If you live in a larger town, you may have an industrial supply walk in store.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Kemosabe62
<br />OK, I've given up. Either no one around here has an old a/c vaccum gauge or they don't want to part with it.

I've gone to auto parts stores and all they have are the ones with the little plastic tube. I've got my pot built very similar to the way Steve Swiger's tutorial (Thanks, by the way!). I just need the *$#@&%# vaccum guage and I'm done.

So... guys... please tell me where I can get one that'll thread into the 1/4" Brass elbow I've left for it?

vick

http://www.surpluscenter.com/sort.asp?UID=2007091317332419&catname=&byKeyword=yes&search=vacuum%20gauge

For the record you might want to list what type of threads your connector has. Most of the gauges I see have NPT but to be honest NPT is all I have looked for.

jhs494

Try Mcmaster Carr. They are an industrial supplier.
www.mcmaster.com I use these guys almost daily for work they ship very quick.

splinter99

I used the one off the Harbor Freight Brake bleeder kit..It seems to work ok..Its on sale for about $18.00...I think it has an 1/8 inch male fitting..same as the vaccum pump

stevers

Mine was off of a vacuum tester for automotive use. Like you would use to check a vacuum advance unit on your distributer or something like that.
Anthony, thanks for the kind words, and show us some pictures when your ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom