USS Billings commission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

I was asked earlier this month to make the annual award knives for the USS Billings crew. They wanted a knife made in Montana and after doing some research found my name and contacted me. As an old Sailor myself, this was a great honor for me and I was told I had until the end of this year, great lots of time to get 6 knives made, engraved, finished and then shipped. Well as it turned out, they needed the knives the second week of December. Talk about pushing it. I got them made, sent them to my engraver friend (also a pen turner), one day turn around from him and I got them back to my shop and finished. My wife is working on the pouches as I write this. The knives will leave Wolf Creek on Monday with plenty of time to get these to the ship and and ready for the presentation to these fine men and women serving our country.
Pictured are 4 knives just to give you an idea of how they turned out. There were two teams, Blue and Gold, with the exact same engraving other than the team name they were on. On the opposite side of the knife is the ships name and I.D. numbers etc. The wood is Maple from Bonner's Ferry Idaho. Thanks for looking.

USS Billings.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very Nice! - Shame on you, now I have started looking at knife kits and what it takes to make them. Very cool - Dave

It's taken years for me to get it down to where they are all done the same now. If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to help and answer them to the best of my ability. I'm not one of the kind of people that "holds" information in. Just ask me :)

Top Bottom