USPS "Cheer"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
As USPS is not a vendor, I'll post it here.

I have mailed out over 100 different boxes for the IAP Estate Blank Fundraiser over the past few years. One of my greatest worries is that a box of blanks will go missing. I'm not worried about refunding the cost, just that most of the blanks are not replaceable and it would look unfavorable on the project.

Well... Last week my fear came into play.

I mailed a MFRB with 40-50 blanks of varying species, dimensions, and cost. These spanned several of the sales, so the recipient was being very patient. I mailed the box from Ohio to Oregon. Due to a miscommunication, an incorrect zip code was on the package - a neighboring postal code - only several miles to the west. But as these packages are scanned, the address simply came up as "Incomplete address, undeliverable."

The recipient PM'd me after about 10 days and asked if I had the tracking code as it had not arrived. I did (whew)! So,
1. Called the main USPS Customer Service Number... "You need to call this number in Oregon."
2. Called Portland... "You need to call a different zipcode hub."
3. Called the different hub... "OK, we may need to look in some bins, we usually wait a week or so before sending them back, I'll get back to you."

FIVE minutes later I got a call: "Sheesh, this box is heavy, what ya got in it bricks?"

They also simply corrected the zip code, sent it out later that day, and it was delivered and received the next day.

Just thought I'd share a successful postal miscue that was entirely a "user error," and was easily corrected.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have no complaints with the USPS. I've only had one package delayed due to weather and their tracking system kept me informed of where it was. If you ever want to send me anything just put on the address Tom Bennett Wolf Creek Montana and I'll get it. Glad to hear everything turned out well.

1shootist

Glad it arrived ....let the turning begin !

"Sheesh, this box is heavy, what ya got in it bricks?"....I'll bet we've all heard this one šŸ¤£

magpens

It is amazing and VERY reassuring to read this story ..... !

Thanks for posting, Mark !!

Woodchipper

OTOH, we had ordered a Christmas present for our grandson about four years ago. My wife got in hurry entered an incorrect address for mailing. Noticed this later. The lady at the post office said there was a similar street name that where the package might have been delivered. Checked and there was no number like ours. I told the lady that UPS noticed the address, went to the trouble to confirm the correct address and delivered TWO packages! Overall, USPS does a good job but sometimes lacks motivation.

PBorowick

I will chime in here and admit that this package was for me and I flubbed on the zip code that I told Mark. I greatly appreciate his time and effort to get the box rerouted to me. It was refreshing that the USPS got it to me the very next day.
My girls and I are still going through all the blanks and sorting them.

Thank you Mark!

pshrynk

I have no complaints with the USPS. I've only had one package delayed due to weather and their tracking system kept me informed of where it was. If you ever want to send me anything just put on the address Tom Bennett Wolf Creek Montana and I'll get it. Glad to hear everything turned out well.
One of the advantages of a small town/rural existence!

Top Bottom