USMC Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ramaroodle

Is anyone familiar with this kit or know where to find it or a better quality one than PSI??
IMG_6608.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

That isn't made in a "kit" for sale to make. It's sold as a manufactured finished pen from places online like Marineshop.net and Walmart online. Looks like it's made in China.

Last edited:

ramaroodle

Understood and have seen it in quite a few places. What I want is the kit or something similar. I've seen these online for $18.99 which means they are kinda junkie, vs a Dayacom quality kit. I want to make it out of Bubinga or something which will add some heft to it or a blank from the ship my friend served on. He likes that blank. He saw it somewhere and fell in love with it but I told him it was most likely not the same quality as the other pens I've made and engraved for him since it was less than $20 online. I've seen it in a bolt action also.

jttheclockman

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=AYDV8NXXTKCYF&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I looked at several sites that sell them and they come in fireman, Masonic and Marine. One site said it was a Penkitmall item. Looked on their website and they do not have them. Now that site is a Rizheng kit pen site. So I went to their main site and they do not sell specific brand kits. So I tried to find a kit that looks like this pen because they say it is a clicker. But could not find a replica with those details. I believe those are specifically made for certain vendors and are not a kit. If you look at this link you will see other pens with same design. And if you go to Amazon you can find the Marine for $16. Buy one and do a reverse engineering with it and see what you could do. Came out in 2018. From reviews it is said to be a decent pen and not cheap at all. Who knows though.

ramaroodle

Thanks for the effort. Yep. Gonna have to get one to see what makes them tick. Something tells me that the $25 is the same as the $18 one but I wonder if they are "heavyweight" like the Masonic one says it is. As you said, you just never know (until you try that is).

He might like this one. It's $18 just for the blank so it might be nice.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215861...zboDXG3rH8285Bnhc1PCQ7TaCBBJIoWoaAv7FEALw_wcB

I just don't like to make cheap PSI pens anymore mainly because I feel guilty charging $100+ after engraving them unless they're for a bulk business run.

jttheclockman

Thanks for the effort. Yep. Gonna have to get one to see what makes them tick. Something tells me that the $25 is the same as the $18 one but I wonder if they are "heavyweight" like the Masonic one says it is. As you said, you just never know (until you try that is).

He might like this one. It's $18 just for the blank so it might be nice.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/215861...zboDXG3rH8285Bnhc1PCQ7TaCBBJIoWoaAv7FEALw_wcB

I just don't like to make cheap PSI pens anymore mainly because I feel guilty charging $100+ after engraving them unless they're for a bulk business run.
I hear what you are saying but first off Dayacom would never make a kit like that. because that is not a kit. Now if you are looking for a kit that does not have the Marine blank and red blank then I am sure you can find something close. Now if you want the Marine blank then they are licensed to the vendor who is selling the pens and made specifically for them. Find that vendor and maybe you have something. But many people here use labels or there is a member here that does engravings on bullet pens. It might be Eric (Sylvanite) I am not sure but you could do a search here. Good luck. If you do get one let us know what you think.

PenblankzbyDesign on Etsy, I sell licensed Marine Corps blanks. The one in the pic above is one of mine. Let me know if I can be of help.

Top Bottom