Use for those extra wood pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Wonderful Spalted Maple kindling for the wood burning fireplace at the new house.
IMG_6724.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Before you burn those you might need to finish the grouting of the stone fire place ? 🤣🤣🤣

Meanwhile the epoxy could be setting the tubes in place………

carlmorrell

I used to have my "$1000 fires" where I would burn all my offcuts. I used to make a lot of furniture, and hate throwing anything away. At least I got some final enjoyment in the fireplace.

MRDucks2

Before you burn those you might need to finish the grouting of the stone fire place ? 🤣🤣🤣

Meanwhile the epoxy could be setting the tubes in place………
Yeah, not my work. Supposed to be zero clearance no grout stone. Didn't realize zero had such a wide tolerance.

I have a really hard time parting with my left over pieces of Koa that I use a lot of. I've got 3 good sized boxes with all kinds of different sizes. The boxes are more of a tripping hazard than anything. My last slash pile from logging was probably 60' across, 80' deep front to back and 12' tall. It was so big I arranged for the volunteer fire dept to stand by until it burned down. Took almost 2 weeks to finally burn all the way out. It was impressive to say the least and you had to stand probably 100'+ away from it because of the heat. One more to go maybe this year.

MRDucks2

🥹 Sorry must be photo angle , didn't intend to hit a nerve .

Lower section looked grouted.
Oh, no, you are fine. This house was a state owned foreclosure. One of those things you have decide whether to mess with before moving in or not. Looks like it was put up with some type of mastic which they then brushed over the cut ends. Have cartons of stone veneer to try and do something else with at some point.

Top Bottom