USB Jump Drive

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

Guess where I just found my USB jump drive? In the clothes dryer...which means it went through the washer and the dryer. Good news! It still works! Didn't lose a single file. Color me lucky!...and maybe a little careless, stupid, forgetful,...(anyone want to add some? :D )
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arioux

Hi,

Just watch it in the next few days. Electronics parts can easily go thru water if there is no current going in them at the time they get wet. The problem will be oxidation on some part in the next days, depending on the metal used for their internal contacts. I would'nt trust it for critical data for the next few weeks.

Alfred

its_virgil

Mine is a PNY Attache' and it came from the dryer with no wrinkles [:)] thanks Downey. I'll report if it fails in a few days.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by Fangar
<br />Don,

I keep one in my pocket for work all the time. Been there done that. Mine is a Sandisk. Smells nice now too!

Fangar

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
My Sandisk Cruzer Mini has been through the wash a number of times. It seems to shrink a few meg if I wash it in hot and put it in the dryer.[:D]

Dario

Originally posted by jeff
<br />My Sandisk Cruzer Mini has been through the wash a number of times. It seems to shrink a few meg if I wash it in hot and put it in the dryer.[:D]

That's comforting to know...since I am using a Sandisk cruzer micro too! [:D]

It is not washer/dryer tested yet thought LOL [}:)]

woodwish

A lot of electronics, like cell phones and USB drives, will work after getting wet if they can dry out completely before using. Put the power to them while still wet and it's scrap from then one. What will short out when dropped in water is the battery. Daughter accidently dunked my cell in a cup of water, let it dry out good and nothing happened, swapped to a new battery and it's still working fine.

Seems from what I understand about Dwilasnd's post is the same as my phone- everything works, except the battery after getting water all in it.

Dario

I dropped my cell phone one day while running to my car because of rain. I didn't know I lost it until about an hour after. After searching everywhere and can find it, I drove back to the parking lot where I found it under 4" of water (maybe about 2 hours after I dropped it). I tried it on the spot and made a call fine. I shut it down, dried it with hair dryer for hours...went through a few fritz the first few days but until now I am still using the same cell phone...about a year after [:D].

I love made in Japan products [;)].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom