USB Flash drive pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ldimick

I knoow that there have been a few conversations about htis and I found this one on CDW.COM today.

Here is description and the picture.

2005912194957_639575.jpg

Main Features

• 32MB USB 2.0 Solid State Drive/Ink Pen

The DiskGO! USB Flash Drive Plus Ink Pen offers easy data storage and transfer built into the convenience of a sleek, executive style ink pen. Store MP3 files, PowerPoint Presentations and important spreadsheets on this USB 2.0 device. Perfect for the traveling business person and all mobile users, the DiskGO! Store your presentation and ink your next deal, all in one simple, easy-to-use device with DiskGO!

Highlights
- Cushioned grip for comfort
- Sleek, brushed aluminum barrel
- Secure, twist-off cap unveils USB drive function
- Quickly stores presentations, MP3 files, pictures and other data
- Includes USB extension cable and one replacement ink cartridge
- Plug 'n play via USB port on any PC or Mac

Think we can get BB to carry it in a kit? :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

It would have to be a fairly thick pen at the top, at least, because the USB plug is 1/2" wide. That would make the finished pen about 3/4" thick or diameter. I do like the idea, would make it much handier and less prone to loss than the key ring version I use. BTW, 32 mb is small. Popular flash drives today are in the 512 to 1 gig range. On the other hand, we usually want much more than we need. Mine, a 256, is holding two complete novels and has a lot of room to spare.

ldimick

I have 4 1GB drives and I am about to place an order for either a 2GB or a 4GB. They also make mini-USB ports now on some laptops. My Thinkpad X40 has one and it is about smaller than the standard USB.

I was actually going to take one apart this past weekend to see how small the form factor really is.

The problem is that so many devices stack the ports on top of each other that it would be nearly impossible to turn one (or even use the pen above) and use it with another device inserted at the same time.

My son, who works at Best Buy, wants me to turn him a keychain one just to be unique.

arioux

PSI just came out with a usb drive key chain kit. Wonder if it can be adapted into a pen ?

I think i'm going to order one and see what i can do with it [:)]

Alfred

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom