Urn for my Brother-in-law's Mother

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
My brother-in-law (married to my sister) lost his mom to cancer last week. My sister and him gave me the honor of making a box for her cremains. She loved children and was quite religious so I CNC engraved a bible verse they provided as well as an image I found online. I first sealed the wood with a few coats of lacquer and then did the engraving. After it was engraved, I used a stain on the now raw engraved areas to make it stand out better. The box is made from Texas Honey Mesquite and has 5 coats of Deft satin lacquer. The bottom is removable and is held in place by machine screws with threaded inserts. Once the cremains have been inserted, the bottom is screwed back on and felt feet are placed over the screws to conceal them.

I shipped it directly to the funeral home today and they will present it to the family when the come to pick the cremains up. That way they don't have deal with it. I am pretty proud of how it came out! Nothing fancy as I like simplicity and they do too!

3.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

Sorry to hear of your loss. That is a very nice looking mesquite urn. I really like the engraving work on it. I'm sure the family will appreciate it, especially since it was a favorite bible verse of hers.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This is very nice for the family! Be proud of your contribution.

Sorry for your family's loss. A great (I also like simple) box.

ironman123

Curtis that is a beautiful piece that will be cherished for years to come. I am sure they appreciate you doing this more than you know. Great job.

Ray

Top Bottom